ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kindle cleared to play

cravnravn

I’ve got good news for fans holding out hope that Sergio Kindle will suit up for the Ravens in 2011 (and beyond): The second-year linebacker told The San Antonio Express-News he was cleared to resume playing football in March and he already has visions of watching himself on “SportsCenter” highlights dancing through his head.

“First and foremost, we have to wait for the lockout,” said Kindle, who missed the entire 2010 season with a fractured skull he suffered when he fell down a flight of stairs the week before training camp. “But I got cleared to play again in March. So I have to get back into it and see how it goes from there. Of course, I got cleared, but until I actually do contact, that's what's going to determine [my progress].”

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-06-13/sports/bal-sportsblitz-sergio-kindle-baltimore-ravens0613_1_sergio-kindle-sportscenter-terrell-suggs

This is great news however the article on NFL.com states that his equilibrium has been permanently damaged and he has very little hearing in his left ear. These seem like very large obstacles to overcome and play at an NFL level. I really hope he can, but I believe he still has a long road to recovery.

He won't like hearing "I'm gonna beat your brains out" from the first OT that he faces....but they will slap his head around.

He has to be able to take that and not be dizzy or spaced out.

We'll see.

He's never had a training camp or played a down so he has a long way to go to make it on the field on this defense.

The guys wacked anyway...that doesn't bother me....McCrary was crazy as shit and that made him great.

I'll keep wishing him well and looking for the good. The pre head injury Kindle would have been a great addition to this D playing opposite Suggs.

Will the Ravens get that guy?

He won't like hearing "I'm gonna beat your brains out" from the first OT that he faces....but they will slap his head around.

He has to be able to take that and not be dizzy or spaced out.

We'll see.

He's never had a training camp or played a down so he has a long way to go to make it on the field on this defense.

The guys wacked anyway...that doesn't bother me....McCrary was crazy as shit and that made him great.

I'll keep wishing him well and looking for the good. The pre head injury Kindle would have been a great addition to this D playing opposite Suggs.

Will the Ravens get that guy?

Absolutely correct on all thoughts there. If he can play without injuring himself and be the force we saw in college it would be awesome. I only hope he can do it.