ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens O Line at the Moment.

vmax

Right now there is no decent starting O line. Here's the line that I see before any additions in Free Agency and the draft. 

If Bozeman goes that leaves them with Mekari at Center. Zeitler at RG and Juan James at RT. Not terrible but not dominant right side. We have to hope James comes back 100% healthy and fired up. Where are they if he's 70%? I guess 70% James is better than 100% Villanueva. I see this as a barely serviceable right side.

Stanley at LT. Or is he? I certainly hope he does have a 100% full recovery however I can't trust him ever making it back. No wheels = career is over. Phillip/Powers/Cleveland at RG. Having that many guys tells me the Ravens don't have a RG.

You can't go 17 games with that. Well you can, but don't expect to win many games.

See the source image

Best case at the moment? Stanley comes back 100%. One of the Cleveland/Phillips/Powers group takes the next step up and wins the LG spot outright. They resign Bozeman. Zeitler is solid. James comes back 100% and does a good job at RT. 

Eric....I guess us...can hope for that.

I think Bozeman will be back and like you said Zeitler is solid. DeCosta has to fill the other positions with more than filler and between the draft, free agency, and Stanley's hoped for return I'm feeling optimistic about the O-line. If Cleveland stays healthy he'll improve in his 2nd year. And anything is better than Villanueva. I've seen other teams rebuild their lines in one year if things go right and we're do some good luck.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:41 PM, papasmurfbell said:

They could very well need 2 tackles and a center.  

I think they will. I can see losing Bozeman (who I want to stay). Then picking up Jensen. They need a guy who can swing between RT and LT in case Stanley doesn't make it. 

Amazingly the 2021 Ravens Offense was the 6th ranked Offense in total yards. They were 17th in total points scored which is a statistic that I feel is more important than yards.  They were 13th in passing and 4th in rushing. Freeman actually averaged 4.3 ypc.  Murray 4.2. Williams comes in at 5.3. That's not bad considering the amount of injuries. There must be something worth salvaging on the line and some areas that must be strengthened.

This is a Big If ....IF Stanley, JK and Gus come back 100% and James surprises everyone and turns in a solid season.....welll..... Happy Days Are Here Again!

Image result for Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf Cartoon

"You win and lose in the trenches, and that’s where it starts,” Harbaugh said. "Yes, you’ve got to have playmakers … but no skill player can do anything without the lines in front of them doing that work. So, to me, and in our offense especially, it’s just critically important that we have a really good offensive line.”

Edited by vmax

I am hearing Jansen to Cincy.  They have over 50 mil in space.  

Looking around the league to check their needs ATL, CAR Chi, Buf, Cincy, Hou, LV, LAR, MIA, NYG, PIT, and SEA all need interior OL and most especially a center.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/center/

There are a lot of trash centers on FA this yr.  Very few gems in there.

With over a third of teams looking and not much in FA I expect to be priced out of the market.

If Stanley doesn't make it back and is not replaced with a first class tackle, the offense will not succeed. The total absence of news on him is unnerving. I'm rolling the dice and hoping Cleveland can stay healthy and learn to pass block. If Bozeman is gone I think we'll find a center somewhere..