ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

QB Market $

vmax

I'm guessing guaranteed money is the hold up. I hope he's not asking for $230 mil guaranteed.

Here's some up to date information. 

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 9:38 AM
In regards to Ravens and Lamar Jackson, the team can point to Russell Wilson's deal as further evidence that Deshaun Watson's $230M guaranteed is an aberration.

Since Watson signed, two QBs have signed and neither have come close to him: Kyler Murray ($189.5M) and Wilson ($165M)

Jamison Hensley • 
 — Today at 10:06 AM
Here are the highest-paid QBs in terms of guaranteed money:

1. Deshaun Watson: $230M
2. Kyler Murray: $189.5M
3. Russell Wilson: $165M
4. Aaron Rodgers: $150.7M
5. Josh Allen: $150M

(Source: @ESPNStatsInfo)
[10:12 AM]
First-round QBs of 2018 draft:

1. Baker Mayfield: Starter for 2nd team (Panthers)
3. Sam Darnold: Backup on his 2nd team (Panthers)
7. Josh Allen: Betting favorite for NFL MVP
10. Josh Rosen: Practice squad for Browns (6th team)
32. Lamar Jackson: Former MVP (37-12 as starter)

642ea859970e6dbdcd28122fda17b628640ad8fc

If I'm Lamar Jackson right now, I'm texting Wilson, "Dude! You're killing me!" Wilson did the Broncos a huge favor here, and the Ravens, the Bengals, the Chargers and anyone else who's eyeing a big quarterback negotiation over the next 12 months can send him thank-you notes as well...Russell Wilson contract extension - Answering biggest questions and fallout, from Lamar Jackson's future to Denver Broncos' roster (espn.com)

Buy or Sell:

The Ravens and Lamar Jackson failed to agree to a contract extension by the star quarterback’s self-imposed deadline Friday, and it’s a smart decision by the team.

It was always best to take the wait-and-see approach. Jackson still has to prove he can take the team deep into the playoffs before the Ravens make him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL.....Mike Preston: Ravens are smart to wait with QB Lamar Jackson (baltimoresun.com)

source.gif