ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Garrard wants to knock off Ravens

vmax

and he'll do it with Dennis Northcut!...:)

"I think for myself and I think for most of the guys in here, it's just finishing the season strong and going out with a smile on our faces so we can get into the offseason pushing things the right way. I think if you can finish on a good note, knocking a team out of the playoffs, all of those different things, it gives you something to prepare for and look forward to for the future."

Garrard said he's happy to be playing against a team with something at stake.

"I think it really gives you a good test, a good test to be able to say, 'You know what, we stack up with these guys even though they are going to the playoffs or have a chance to go to the playoffs. We stack up to the point where we can knock off a potential playoff team,' " Garrard said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/footbal...nt_fade_pattern

"Not on our watch David."

43773868.jpg

Guest BallTMore

I'm sure he does, but with a beat up MJJ and no real receiving threat, I don't think he can pull off the upset.

The Ravens haven't lost to teams they should beat this year, so I don't expect them to drop the ball Sunday.

I think the game will remain close for the first half, then we pull away in the 3rd. By the 4th, Garrard and Jacksonville start thinking about their vacation plans.

No jinx either. If we lose then we don't deserve the playoffs (Unless the Pats lose early and we rest all of our starters).

Wanting to be the spoiler means you were rotten during the season. You don't change that like flicking on a light switch....like "Oh! This week it's different. We're gonna play really great inspired football."

For the Ravens D, chasing down Choice of Dallas was a good tune up for Jones Drew. Stop him (not easy) and it's all over for the Jags.

The big play is what concerns me.

The Ravens D almost gave up a couple of those last week when the score was hovering around 13-9. If Dallas makes them it could have swung momentum, but Romo couldn't connect....then he started to at the end of the game.

The Ravens D is vulnerable when Washington or Rolle are missing...that's been the case for the Stealers 92 yard winning drive and Romo's comeback bid in the 4th quarter.

The big play is what concerns me.

Yup, me too look at them this season, all but 1 led to a Ravens loss. Its been a season of big plays on both sides of the ball.

Titans, letting old man Collins march down the field for the winning score.

Giants- say what you will, but the Ravens were marching toi cut that Giant lead to 3. What are the odds of Mason knocking the ball straight up in the air for a pick 6?

Steelers, letting Jen drive 92 yards for the winning drive.

Cowboys, what are the odds of the Ravens rushing for 150+ yards on consecutive offensive plays. The last being the dagger that took the last bit of life that the Cowboys were holding on to.

We have not played down to the level of our competition all season, I do not expect us to start tomorrow. Our five losses are to the four of the best teams in the league (Giants, Steelers, Titans, and Colts). We have dominated everyone else. We are not losing to the 5-10 Jacksonville Jaguars.

No jinx either. If we lose then we don't deserve the playoffs (Unless the Pats lose early and we rest all of our starters).

Thats how I feel. While it would suck to finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs the Ravens know they will probably have to win tomorrow to make it. The Jags game should be won, so if they dont win and miss, they can only blame themselves.

I also dont think Garrard said anything wrong or inflammatory.