ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Worley & Urban resigned

tsylvester

From what I hear, he is "quite the odd ball" person, from someone who knows him well. He doesn't want to talk about why he has been turned down so much, at least not to the media, even to those in the media is trusts.

The media is trying to make this about race, but as this person said, it is more about him and his personality.

53 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

A lot if crappy unqualified ppl have gotten HC jobs.  If he is quirky but good who cares?

True papa, but if you don't interview well, you likely don't getting hired in any job.

He was offered advice to get help interviewing much like another coach a few years ago, as the reporter stated. That coach was not hired prior to getting the help, even though he was quite qualified, but the first coaching cycle after getting the help, he was... no name was given.

So if Eric doesn't want help to learn how to interview, and interviews poorly especially with his background of flauting opposition to authority and rules, why should an owner take the chance just because Eric appears to be qualified?

Don't get me wrong, plenty of terrible assistants went on to get head coaching jobs, with little to no resume, some bombed as expected, others went on to be pretty good coaches. Their interviews are what sold them to the owners.

I once applied for a job I had no experience with, but because of the interview I did, they offered me the job on the spot.

Likewise, I once was well qualified for a job, but went in to the interview too confident, didn't get the job...