ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Stetson Bennet

oldno82

Is this guy worth taking a 6th round pick on? I know, no NFL arm and he's not a big guy but he knows Monken's offense and thrived under him. Also, smart guy. What do we have to lose by taking a 6th round pick on him?

I dunno, Tsyl...I look at Purdy and Brady and they were both almost not drafted either. Bennet led them to a national championship. But I don't follow college ball as much as you do so I will defer to your greater experience.

Here's a website of interest: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-fish-deeper-pool-quarterback-draft-2023

And another from Zrebiec: Zrebiec: I could easily throw out one of those cornerbacks or wide receivers who figure to come off the board in the low 20s and I’d feel pretty good about the prediction. But what fun would that be? With their fifth-round pick, the Ravens select … Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett. The Ravens currently have just one quarterback, 2022 undrafted free agent Anthony Brown, on their roster, although Tyler Huntley could sign his restricted free agent tender any day now. Still, the Ravens will need more than just Huntley and Brown, especially if Jackson is traded or plans an extended holdout. They hoped to land a veteran stand-in like Jacoby Brissett or Baker Mayfield, but came up empty. There’s not much left on the veteran backup quarterback carousel, unless you want in on the Carson Wentz experience. So coming out of the draft with a quarterback makes plenty of sense and what better choice than Bennett, who won two national championships with Monken as his play-caller?