ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Slight update on the Bus

tsylvester

& JK, Take it with a grain of salt I suppose

Yet, good news is on the horizon for the Ravens as head coach John Harbaugh updated the media on the statuses of both running backs recently. 

"I think minicamp, partially ready I'm hearing," Harbaugh said about Edwards. "Training camp he's supposed to be fully ready. He just wasn't quite ready to get back out and practice yet – no setback. Maybe they're being a little cautious, but that's what they're doing."

When speaking about Dobbins, Harbaugh stated that he wants the ex-Ohio State Buckeye beyond his expiring rookie deal. That was a response to the third-year back posting some cryptic tweets about his future on Twitter.

"We want him [Dobbins] back (next season), but who knows the future?" said Harbaugh. "Nobody knows the future."

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/baltimore-ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-jk-dobbins-gus-edwards-injury-update

Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence in J.K. I think Harbs may be pissed at him for when he voiced his displeasure when the coach had his presser at the owners' meeting. JK embarrassed him for sure then.

He's an impressive back but as you say backs are now pretty much plug and play. There's usually good ones available still around in round 3. That said, if he's indeed fully healthy, and this season will show if he is or isn't, I'd prefer to keep him around if Harbs and he can patch up their differences; in public, at least.

The backs who reached 1000 yds last yr who were drafted after the 3rd round.

Gee, some actually good news on the injury front. Cause for some optimism for a change.

If he stays healthy and the receivers produce it would really help the passing game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also read this today...the kind of thing that usually happens to one of our guys. I always liked the guy and hope he has a quick recovery:

https://theathletic.com/4607923/2023/06/13/jets-chuck-clark-knee-injury/