ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I just did some research on turdy

papasmurfbell

It is far worse than I even thought.  I have been going back and forth with a dumbass.  He thinks turdy is a great coach.  I said he has been along for the ride and anything good that has happened to this team has been done despite him.  So onto the research.

So from 2008 until 2012 9-4 record in the playoffs. From that time on 2-5. That is a .692 vs a .286 win percentage in the playoffs. Through 2012 the ravens were never out of the playoffs. Since then they have missed the playoffs 5 times. Something changed after the 2012 season. What could it be. Oh yeah Ray, Ed, Q, and Pollard the locker room leaders of the team left either via retirement or being pushed out by the coach. This is a what have you done lately league. Turdy hasnt done D since 2012. He is only along for the ride and has no idea whats happening on the field.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, it is a bit misleading. Yes, the aforementioned super stars retired/left, yes I am sure it had a slight detrimental affect on the team.

However, you knee that was coming, right?! 😀

In that time, between 2012 and well, now, what has happened? Several bad drafts, or should I say mediocre ones, a change in front office personnel, especially the big cheese, scouts who moved on, all good reasons for slip ups in draft.

One of the big ones. In the midst of the post 2012 Super Bowl, was a season ending injury to Flacco, followed by a change in qbs, starting a rookie/first year, a new offensive system.

Oh yes, then there is the injury to the new qb, causing him to miss playoffs game/s.

Look, I am not a huge fan of his, you know my reasons, mostly in game things, but he is far from a slub

We cannot know the inner workings,, speculate, sure. Who knows what or who.

I am sure the head coach on every teams talks with personnel on what type of players they would like, personality wise, work ethic etc from the draft & free agency.

The GM wants player A, the head coach player B, who wins that discussion on any team?

In the end the coach has to find a way to coach a player, get the most out of them, help them reach their full potential. I would say, Harbs has done a pretty good job of it..

I think Harb's strength is the motivation that he instills in his players. His weakness is he doesn't know the intricacies of the offense or defense and his time management is questionable at best. It's important for him to have high quality offensive and defensive coordinators.

I think I agree with the premise that he doesn't like outspoken players.

But, hell, you can't argue with the man's regular season record over his career here.

One more thing. I bet player selection, at least to type of player wanted, is the coaches domain and actually acquiring said players is in the hands of the GM. I think it's that way on most teams or should be if the front office has faith in the coaches it hires.

If the coach has veto control on players he has to much power.

2 hours ago, oldno82 said:

But, hell, you can't argue with the man's regular season record over his career here.

Year Regular Season Playoffs
2008 11-5 2-1
2009 9-7 1-1
2010 12-4 1-1
2011 12-4 1-1
2012 10-6 4-0
2013 8-8 N/A
2014 10-6 1-1
2015 5-11 N/A
2016 8-8 N/A
2017            9-7               N/A
2018            10-6          0-1
2019          14-2           0-1
2020         11-5         1-1
2021        8-9         N/A
2022      10-7       0-1

i look at it as 2 halves of a book.  The 2012 and before and the 2013 and after.  I believe 2014 was Kubes so thats a one off.  Then you have Lamar which transitions into him being figured out.  The first 5 yrs excellent the last decade pretty mediocre.  Also remember 2018 the team and Turdy were going to go their separate ways.  Lamar saved him.  

Curious, how do you feel about Tomlin, who hasn't won a playoff game since 2016, and a super bowl since 08?

Harbs, 158-104 (603) Tomlin, 171-102,(625) 

We could do a since Ben has been gone one, even since Ben was on decline....

Of course Harbs would never step on the field during a long return in order to keep it from being a touchdown....

10 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Curious, how do you feel about Tomlin, who hasn't won a playoff game since 2016, and a super bowl since 08?

Harbs, 158-104 (603) Tomlin, 171-102,(625) 

We could do a since Ben has been gone one, even since Ben was on decline....

Of course Harbs would never step on the field during a long return in order to keep it from being a touchdown....

Tomlin has never had a losing season and by all rights with some of the rosters he has had over the last 5 yrs he should have.  The GM there left the cupboard pretty bare for a while.  No plan for the end of Ben at all.

9 hours ago, oldno82 said:

For the last few yrs Tom was there they were burning through draft capital to keep the roster at a championship level.  No more 2 first round drafts and such.  So when Tom first left there scraped by with cam but that was going nowhere.  Yr 2 they lucked out with Mac.  They had a pretty damned good yr.  Then they lose McDaniel and for some strange reason Bill decided to be way to loyal to some past coaches.  With Obrien back I expect Jones to really flourish.  Do they make the playoffs in that div?  I dont know but it should be better than 22.