ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

gurode is a raven

thesteelhurtin

The Ravens bolstered their offensive line Sunday by agreeing to a one-year deal with center Andre Gurode.

Gurode, a five-time Pro Bowler with the Dallas Cowboys, is entering his 10th NFL season. He has started 122 career games, including every game in each of the past three seasons.

"We just got better as a team," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a news release. “To have a successful season, you have to have quality depth across the board. We just added great depth to the interior of our offensive line with Andre."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/09/ravens_sign_center_andre_gurode_to_1year_deal.html

thesteelhurtin

Posted Today, 07:18 PM

You guys may have just gotten better on the oline or at least deeper. He wont be ready next week but still a good signing.

He may not have a choice but to be ready for next week. A 5 Time Pro Bowler after you just finalized your 53 man roster? This tells me they might have been blowing smoke up our ass about Birk being ready.

Yeah you are right about that and to have your center who makes all your line calls only be there a week spells trouble. Not only with the calls but with getting the snap of cleanly while thinking about what his assignment is and dealing with hampton in front if him. If burk is ready though thats a great move for depth. What would worry me though is dallas cut though i think it was a money issue and new england passed on him.