ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Last home game until 2009

vmax

E-Gad! It just struck me that tomorrows game could be the last time we see certain players in a Ravens uniform.

Ray, Pryce, Rolle, Bart, Suggs, Stover...Kyle Boller...:) Jason Browns a FA...

The there's injured guys like Gregg, Reed and Mason. I think they'll be back but you never know about surprises. Ed was borderline last August.

There should be a 20-30% roster turnover again.

Wow...can't fathom this as Ray's last home game as a Raven...doesn't compute.

43661638.jpg

I hope Suggs is right...but the CAP tells me they can't invest that much money into the LB position.

"Is it possible that it might be some of our last games at M&T? Yeah. But that's why we need to take care of business. If this is our last time around, we'd better make it good.

"But it doesn't feel like that. We respect each other enough to know that we might have to give up a little. I think by some miracle - and I truly believe this - that all three of us [Lewis, Scott and himself] will be back here. None of us is approaching it like this will be our last time in Baltimore."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...03.story?page=2

Bart won't be back. Sorry, he just won't. We have too much talent coming up behind him (and the others) and his play and his attitude are not quite fitting with Harbaugh right now.

It's a hard pill to swallow because as fans, we really get attached to players. But Ozzie knows what's best, and of the three, I'd be willing to bet that Bart is the most expendable.

We'll see him again, though - when he's wearing an orange helmet.

It's a hard pill to swallow because as fans, we really get attached to players. But Ozzie knows what's best, and of the three, I'd be willing to bet that Bart is the most expendable.

We'll see him again, though - when he's wearing an orange helmet.

Savage just got fired, so let's not be too sure.

I have heard that Bart is not about the money, and that he absolutely loves being a Raven. Do not be surprised if he takes a smaller contract to return.

I would say out of our free agents, Jay Brown is probably the most important. I would franchise Suggs again. If we cannot sign him, trade him for a Jared Allen-type deal. If we cannot trade him, then let him go before the deadline. I think Ray coming back is a guarantee.

When it comes down to it, I trust Ozzie, Harbaugh, DeCosta and company know the type of player we want, and goes get them. Here is the difference between going into next season as opposed to the past, we have a franchise QB. That automatically brings stability to our team, and I expect us to annually contend for Super Bowls in the manner of the Steelers, Colts, Pats as long as Flacco continues to improve.

Don't think that's possible under the current CBA. I'm pretty sure, it's for one year only. The Pats couldn't franchise Samuel a second time and lost him to the Eagles as a result.

Throw that idea out the window then! I guess he is as good as gone! Here is a nice quote from T-Sizzle though, wouldn't put any stock into it.

But it doesn't feel like that. We respect each other enough to know that we might have to give up a little. I think by some miracle - and I truly believe this - that all three of us [Lewis, Scott and himself] will be back here. None of us is approaching it like this will be our last time in Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...03.story?page=2

Any one know for sure? Is the "exclusive" tag a one and done deal?

I am not positive, but I assume it is true because that is not the first time I have heard that. I know some players in the last couple years have wrote into their franchise tender that they could not be franchised again (Samuel I think negotiated this). As far as that being a CBA rule, I am not sure.

Even though the chance they all take a little pay cut to stay together is slim to none, the fact they are publicly saying they will has to be encouraging...

However, I do agree that Scott is the least important and I do think it would be smarter to spend his money elsewhere and give guys like McClain and Barnes the job of rushing up the middle, Scotts play of late hasnt been too amazing.