ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game 4 Cleveland

oldno82

The Browns have a very tough defense and will be looking to knock off division rival Baltimore in their home stadium. The Ravens look to atone for last week's debacle and have some injured players back. Will that be enough to overcome the Brownies?

Watson has always struggled against the Ravens, 600 yards with 2 tds and 2 picks in 3 games or so.

His line is not the best, but they have been very good in 3 games this year.

While they don't have truly elite wide outs, nor is Watson(sore throwing arm) the most accurate, they can move the ball through the air.

The biggest 2 issues the Ravens have on defense; missed tackles leading to extra yards and edge protection.. They have, especially against the Browns in recent years, been killed by off tackle runs, jump cuts outside.

Then there is the sack issue (11 for 91 yards). Sure, they had 7 last week, thanks mostly to the blitz of Hamilton (3 sacks). But they also missed several others, letting the qb spin away. Watson is nothing if not an escape artist, so they better be quick to him, but under control to wrap him up.

Yes I know I haven't touched on the Ravens offense vs the very good Browns defense... Scary thought right now not knowing who will line up outside for the Ravens and which Lamar Jackson will show up.

Turnovers will rule this game of two very good defenses. As stellar as the Ravens defense has been, they have not gotten very many -2-

Ravens are averaging 360 yards per game, allowing teams to average 322. They are 51% on 3rd downs, while allowing opposing teams to average 45%.

This one could go either way, here is hoping for a home win with few if any serious injuries.

Close game I think. The Ravens will be motivated to avenge last week's performance while the Brown's D is very tough. I'd like to say we have a chance in  the turnover battle but we are not generating any INTs or Fumbles, so I think we have to concentrate on not turning the damned ball over!

I've never been impressed with Watson though I know a lot of pundits like him.

I have no idea which Lamar shows up. Is Bateman playing?

Hate to say this and hope I'm wrong but I think we  drop a close one in a tough road environment.

5 is not seven or eight, so that is one way to look at it, from Espn

In addition to Beckham and Bateman, Baltimore also ruled out cornerback Marlon Humphrey (foot) and outside linebackers David Ojabo (ankle, knee) and Odafe Oweh (ankle). Left tackle Ronnie Stanley (knee) is listed as doubtful after not practicing Friday

Popped on to say, second series, 3rd and 13, Jackson back, some minor pressure from a 4 man rush, zone behind it. Jackson looks, decides to throw early to Andrews in the flat who gets 7 yards.

If Lamar had read the coverage correctly, he had Duv on a come back route on the left side for a first down if thrown on time, wide open.

He also had Flowers in the middle of the zone 15 yards down down field on a comeback route, wide open.

His other option on the right side I believe is Alghalor at the sticks on a comeback route. Now he is not a real option as the dB in that zone was in a bait position, but a proper, timed throw to the inside could have been completed.

3 options, all for a first down with a properly timed throw. Lastly he had our runningback who trips over blades of grass wide open on the numbers, who likely gets the fist down with Alghalor and Flowers able to block.

So, this drive that ends in a punt is the fact of Lamar, not play calling/ design or pocket pressure.

This should have been known presnap, confirmed post snap, knowing the routes your receivers will run.

Andrews had brakes coverage, with a linebacker leaning over to his side. No chance to get the 1st down.

Wow, get bailed out on a terrible play call and highly inaccurate pass with pi, first and 10 in the redzone. The Browns again call a terrible play and lose 20 yards.

Shoot, they were nashing the Ravens defense on the ground off tackle to either side and they call trick plays, thankfully. They end up with a field goal, 7-3 Ravens

8 plays, 93 yards, Lamar takes it in, 14-3 Ravens.

Big play on the drive, Lamar forced out of the pocket, finds Andrews on a reverse comeback. Gus rushes down, gets a key block, Andrews rumbles for 20+.

He who trips over blade of grass had several nice 10, 11 yard runs. He who fumbles often takes it 15 yards to the two on the drive.

A great drive, a Ravens drive, a much needed drive after the Lamar fumble on the exchange with He who trips over blade of grass.

Draw for Gus, 1 yard gain from their 42, 3rd down 6, time out Ravens, Moses is hurt

1:26

Lamar drops a floater down the sidelines to Gordon for 16!

Lamar does the one thing he can't, takes a sack, Simpson get beat

Dump off to Gordon, flag on the play, holding, knocks them back across the 50...

36 seconds

Lamar dances around, rolls right, finds Flowers 46 yards down field!

1st and 10 from the 10, 25 seconds left

Qb draw, Lamar takes it to the 7, 21 seconds after thr Ravens use their 2nd time out.

2nd and 5

Lamar to Alghalor is caught but out of bounds, only 1 foot in

Browns bail out the Ravens who had 2 seconds left on the play clock...

17 seconds, 1 time out from the 7

Jackson to Andrews in the back corner, high pass where only Andrews, who was doubled, could get it... touchdown!

21-3 Ravens with 11 seconds left