ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hero to Zero

varaven45

Ahh yes, After last weeeks "Super Bowl" we witnessed what my golf friends call the "Post-Birdie Screwup". It happens and we all should have seen it coming, even Crav and Yager. How could this team have possibly matched the intensity, energy and relentlessness of last Sunday's win over our arch rivals. Most pundits and posters said - "No, not this seasoned, veteran team".

Anyway, moving on.... This team will be tested significantly next Sunday at St Louis. If the Rams lose tonight (as predicted), they will be playing with a sense of urgency we saw yesterday from Titams and how we played in last Sundays Steelers win. Next Sunday's game figures to be very close.

Whats next and who shows up next Sunday ? I dont know but we will find out quickly about this team and two qualities our late good friend, Sock, used to remark were essential for a successful season - character and chemisty.

Next Sunday's tilt in St Louis will reveal much about this team and season.

:gorave:

Im still trying to decipher what I seen on the tube yesterday..

Absolutely no pressure on Hasselbeck, therefore he just destroyed and exposed our weakest links, Webb & Foxworth..

Speaking of Webb, does he have a clue where he is on the football field? he fields a punt inside the 5 yard line??

Oher, 2 false starts come on man, thats rookie mistakes..

I cant believe our D Line was that man handled yesterday, and lets not forget, Cody left with a concussion, will he even allowed to play next week.

I dont know enough about St Louie, but if their O-Line manhandles our D-Line, its going to be another Blue Monday.

Im still trying to decipher what I seen on the tube yesterday..

Absolutely no pressure on Hasselbeck, therefore he just destroyed and exposed our weakest links, Webb & Foxworth..

Speaking of Webb, does he have a clue where he is on the football field? he fields a punt inside the 5 yard line??

Oher, 2 false starts come on man, thats rookie mistakes..

I cant believe our D Line was that man handled yesterday, and lets not forget, Cody left with a concussion, will he even allowed to play next week.

I dont know enough about St Louie, but if their O-Line manhandles our D-Line, its going to be another Blue Monday.

Crav, with how we played yesterday, we would have only beaten 3 NFL teams - KC, Seattle and Indy (in our house). That said, this team and coaching staff have a huge problem in motivation. How do you lay a collective egg against Tennessee after beating the reigning AFC champs and arch rivals. How can you lack motivation, energy and passion to play 60 minutes against an arguably weaker opponent ?

And then, after losing yesterday, a couple of our seasoned vets - Ray and Suggs - seem OK with the loss. Sure, we all are aware 1 loss (or 1 win) doesnt make a season but hell, what about a sense of urgency or being pissed off. I didnt realize losing had such appeal: :wacko:

As far as next Sunday's tilt, if St Louis loses tonight in NY and enters the contest 0-2, this team will have to play with the same purpose as the season opener to even be competitive. Anything less, plain and simple, then we are toast.

I am not sure yet whether we laid an egg or if the performance yesterday was a better indicator of where we are as a team than the opening weekend was. To say we had a hangover or over-looked in some ways lets us off the hook. The Ravens were really bad yesterday, if the Titans didn't make their fair share of mistakes then the game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

And when naming mistakes do not forget that terrible delay of game penalty. That hurt.

And then, after losing yesterday, a couple of our seasoned vets - Ray and Suggs - seem OK with the loss. Sure, we all are aware 1 loss (or 1 win) doesnt make a season but hell, what about a sense of urgency or being pissed off. I didnt realize losing had such appeal: :wacko:

Yea what the hell was up with that? "No-one said we were going to go 16-0" Are you serious? Noone thought the cinci loss was a big deal last year and it ended up being the difference between a 1st round bye and a wildcard.

Ricky Williams is another one...laughing it up on the sideline in the 4th quarter. I can't stand him...it's like he doesn't take the game seriously.

Every team loses at least one game a year. All but one have won em all. Even the mighty Pats blew their last game of the year when they were unbeatable. We need to come back with focus yes, but this one loss doesn't mean we're a bad team or that we have glaring holes. We were beaten. It happens. For us it won't happen more than we win, and for us, ultimately we'll win the last game of our year! That's the most important.

The Packers went 10-6 last year. The Pats went 14-2. Have faith, we'll get the job done! :)