ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NFL wants "brotherly shove" out

tsylvester

Hey, you opened this can of worms when you loudly proclaimed that aiding a runner by pushing them (not pulling) is allowed, is legal, is encouraged.

Yes, I'm an old fogey, was once barely pushed on a qb sneak in pee wee football for a touchdown, back when it was illegal. Had it called back, yes I still vividly remember the play (we scored on the next play after the 5 yard penalty, and won)

But I've been against this for more than spite, it is just begging for serious injuries to occur, it is just a matter of time.

Oh not from the one yard qb sneak & shove, but those runningbacks and receivers refusing to go down, being held up and then the linemen run down field to help push them. Yes, those plays are bound to pop a knee, mcl, all, pcl, all of the above.

But you can't outlaw the 1 yard shove and allow the rest and fans, players, everyone loves seeing a runner refuse to go down and pushed from behind 5, 8, 10 yards more...

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/nfl/nfl-rumors-roger-goodell-eagles-tush-push/3162763/?amp=1

"It’s apparent this is going to be heavily debated among the competition committee made up of owners, general managers and coaches," Russini wrote. "It’s important to note that there isn’t a single person from the Eagles organization on the competition committee. However, three of their divisional opponents are represented: New York Giants owner John Mara, Cowboys COO Stephen Jones and Washington head coach Ron Rivera.

"Though it will all come down to the voting, the most important opinion about the play may come from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. I was told by a league source that Goodell wants to see this play removed from the game permanently."

In discussions around plays such as this, player health and safety spearheads the discourse. But Russini added, citing sources, that optics, not injuries, are leading the "Tush Push" dialogue.

No I think all forms of it should be outlawed. It is going to get someone injured for sure besides the fact that it turns a play, potentially any play, into a rugby scrum where there is no skill involved just muscle mass. I don't like it and want to see it made illegal.