ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mason might get cut

vmax

Never thought I read something like this about Derrick...

Turmoil on offense: The Jets issued a pregame statement, denying a New York Daily News story saying that receivers Holmes, Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason met individually with Ryan in recent weeks to question coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. True or not, there are serious internal issues on offense. Holmes and Mason have complained publicly in recent weeks, and Mason’s comments earned him a seat on the bench, a source said.

Mason was active, but he was replaced by rookie Jeremy Kerley in three-receiver packages. Mason, who ended up playing a handful of snaps, is in Ryan's doghouse, and it wouldn't be a shock if they cut him this week to send a message. They'd have to eat Mason’s 2011 contract, a total of $1.4 million.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/7812/rapid-reaction-patriots-30-jets-21

If this happened and I'm Rex...I'd have Burress apologize to Schottenheimer and the whole team for his drops with a Dunce Cap on.

For Derrick...this is not the way he wants to end a great career.

It's one thing to be intense and a fierce competitor, it's entirely different when that turns to thinking you run the team or even a facet of the team. Mason I'm sure is an extremely wise vet WR, however he's got to know his role! There's far better ways to get on board and contribute to a team. It's unfortunate that Mason doesn't see the opportunities that are in front of him. Just because he's not a premier wideout anymore doesn't mean that can't contribute in a big way. This is very disappointing to hear.

Cmon man, you're in collusion with a guy that shot himself in the leg! What's wrong with that decision making?

Alright...he got traded...

It appears Derrick Mason will be playing at M&T Bank Stadium Sunday for the second time in three weeks. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Houston Texans, who play the Ravens this weekend, have acquired the veteran wide receiver from the New York Jets for a conditional draft pick. The move makes plenty of sense because Andre Johnson, the Texans' star receiver, is out with a hamstring injury, and Mason had clearly fallen out of favor in New York.

I'd say there was fire in the report about The receivrer mutiny in New York.

If you listen to 105.7, they have those sound bytes they play 100 times a day. One is of Mason right after he he signed with the Jets over the Ravens - he kept talking about wanting to go somewhere where he was "wanted", to play where someone "wants" you, and he kept stressing those words. What he found out is noone wants to deal with an oversized ego if the results aren't there to balance out the headache.

haha, this is hilarious to me. Tennenbaum just came out and said that Mason was traded for "his play."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/12/tannenbaum-mason-was-traded-because-of-play/

Vindicates everyone who said he was washed up after his play last year with the Ravens. On the Sun forum the majority would defend Mason to the bitter end.