ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens @ Cowboys

tsylvester

4:25 pm, one team still picking up pieces of their pants after getting slobber knocked. The other still scratching their heads after another 4th quarter collapse.

Which team is more desperate 🤔 may be the best question.

So many questions buzzing around each team, starting 0-2 used spell doom for a team's hopes of making the playoffs. Now with the extra games, and recent history by other teams, it still appears to be a realistic dream.

But, you knew that was coming, starting 0-3, well, now the playoffs may be an mirage.

The Cowboys are a real good regular season team. A passing attack that is one of the best in the league. This does not spell hope for a secondary that has performed far below their skill level.

A pass rush that, when motivated, is one of the best as well. This has got to keep the Ravens offensive line up all night with nightmares. Lamar may want to practice waving rhe white flag.

Frankly, I was wwwwrong about last week, a get right game. They got it wrong, so too did I.

I figured after getting in their groove again the Raiders, they would roll the Boys. But now, who knows..m

Whatcha got?

Our secondary has certainly been a weakspot I didn't see coming. Seems like Kyle Hamilton has disappeared. WTF happened with that? Is it Orr's schemes?

I think the O-line will gradually get better as the season progresses. Unfortunately, it probably still won't be good enough to run with the big dogs.

Cowboys are a good team and will be highly motivated whereas the Ravens just look depressed. I don't think Harbs is doing a good job of motivating this year and despite some opinion pieces I've read, I think he will be on the hotseat by mid-season if this keeps up.

Looking right now at an 0-5 start...maybe I'm wrong...I hope I am.

On Humph's pod cast he said they are asking them selves if they are a good team that almost won, could have won 2 games or are they really just a bad team.

He then stated that Williams spoke up and said when he was NO, they too once started 0-2, then preceeded to win 10 straight.

That seemed to park the team up.

The 2ndary while appearing bad, did do one heck of a job for 3 quarters of the Raider game and most of the Kc game.

As for Hamilton, I saw him flash on the screen a few times, blitzing, but Minshew rolled away from him.

Saw him cover a tightend once, but you are correct, he has been a ghost it seems.

Orr should gets things straightened out, right?

I hope he does. Now I found out Hamilton was out of practice today with a back injury. No other details. Maybe it's been bothering him for a while.

Orr has a mountain of info to learn while doing it on the job and following a defensive genius. I don't envy him.

Read this quote from Zreibic about the secondary:

"In that case, there’s a lot to fix. Through two weeks, the Ravens have allowed the most passing yards in the NFL (257 per game). They’re also allowing the league’s third-highest completion percentage (75.8) and yards per attempt (8.6), and the ninth-highest quarterback rating (98.5)."

Some of this might be on the pass rush...I haven't seen any stats on pressures from our D.

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

It’s the dbs.  The pass rush is doing well but the dbs are failing.

The pressure on the pocket has been spotty, even with the 5 sacks last week. But also true, the coverage, whether man or zone, they appear to be just waiting/watching the receivers catch and then tackle.

Just not sure how you shut down a passing attack in the first half, then can't cover a hot dog wrapper blowing in a gentle breeze.

Fun fact, when teams use play action against the Ravens defense, qbs are completing 100% of their passes, per Espn..

It clearly  isn't the loss of Geno, shoot he was having his issues with the KC passing game with..

But they better fix this issue quickly, before we know it it will be Christmas and the losses will fill the stockings

I think the talent is there in the secondary but it seems Orr might be having growing pains utilizing it. Plus, Hamilton was hurt but says he's ok to go now.

We'll know a whole lot more about this whole team after Sunday. Can the O-line open holes for Henry? Can they offer a decent chance on pass protection? What will the play calling and execution look like? Can the D shut Cowboys down more often than not?

A lot riding on this game even though it's only 3 games in.