ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

You Can Have Cam Cameron

oggieman

I predict that after tomorrow Florida will be known, once again, as the land of the "Hanging Chad".

Ravens 31 Dolphins 9.

Ravens have a much better defense than Miami and our offense scored 40 more points this year than the you against stiffer competition. These are the only relevant numbers and why we are favored. To compare Miami's defense over a handful of recent games because of it's performance against pathetic teams including the all time leader of pics, Brett Favre, is insulting. You aren't even in the same league with our D. This game won't be close if the Ravens come to play. Oh, and since you like stats so much...look at our rookie QB's numbers on the road this year as opposed to home. For whatever reason, he plays better on the road.

Very good BA..Im somewhere in that ballpark with my prediction also.

I echo your thoughts to a tee. I hear the talk on the radio of Joe and his lack of playoff experience. What playoff experience did Dan Marino have in 1983-84?

The only reason Miami is in the playoffs is because they backed in while NE stumbled in the beginning of the year, that sets up nicely for US.

41-3 Ravens

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way here... are you too dense to get how this fit in with the rest of my argument?

Every team, every player, every coach has a stat or two that will tell you they will lose...

We could talk about Pennington's sad record in the playoffs... or against the Ravens... we could talk about all kinds of reasons that the Fish shouldn't be able to win tomorrow...

But none of it matters because there are reasons both teams "shouldn't" be able to win tomorrow. Tons of stats that say that about both teams.

But what matter more are the stats from this season, about this season, actually put up by these teams.

I could not agree with you more. What matters most is what these teams have done this year. And after a slow start at 2-4, Miami has all the stats pointing to a slight edge in this game--the edge of a deciding turnover. Which is all I have said all along. This year's Miami Dolphins protected the ball better than any other team in NFL history. It obviously kills you that Pennington is the most accurate passer in NFL history and you don't want to here about his career leading 67% completion rate. So let's focus on this year---but it doesn't matter because this year Pennington had, you guessed it, a 67.4% completion rate and led the league again. But I know, the statistical sample size is insignificant, kind of like your brain. Let's look at interceptions thrown by Flacco and Pennington. Flacco threw 12 for an int % of 2.8; compared to Pennington's lead leading low of 7 picks, int. % 1.7. That's this stats, pal. And let's look at the defense this year. Yeah, Baltimore led the league in takeaways, but not much ahead of Miami (34-31). And down the stretch, the Miami D had one more than Baltimore in the last 5.

These are the facts this year and suggest a takeaway advantage. Add to this year's facts the historical facts that you despise (rookie QBs have lost 6 of 8 in their playoff debuts and the 3rd seed in the AFC has won 7 of 8 in wildcard games) and yeah, I feel really good that Miami has an edge in this game, albeit a slim one at 13-10.

And what do I hear from you aside from rambling nonsense? The only thing you have of substance is the October game that Baltimore won. Good luck relying on that one. See what that does for you tommorrow. When Baltimore beat Miami, Pennington was only with Miami for 2 months. Obviously, he was new to the system and his receivers. And Miami was 2-4. If you think Baltimore is facing the same Miami team tommorrow, enjoy your day in delusionville. Get real pal. These ain't your mother's pansy dolphins and tommorrow your team is going to get a dose of its own medicine- a good punch in the mouth by a tough Miami team. Miami 13-Ravens 10

By the way here... are you too dense to get how this fit in with the rest of my argument?

Every team, every player, every coach has a stat or two that will tell you they will lose...

We could talk about Pennington's sad record in the playoffs... or against the Ravens... we could talk about all kinds of reasons that the Fish shouldn't be able to win tomorrow...

But none of it matters because there are reasons both teams "shouldn't" be able to win tomorrow. Tons of stats that say that about both teams.

But what matter more are the stats from this season, about this season, actually put up by these teams.

[/quote

You said tons of stats point to a Baltimore win tommorrow. name one.

Oh wait... I just had too much fun with this one before, I had to do a bit more research...

Dolphins:

First 5 Games: 3 Turnovers (2-3)

vs. Ravens: 1 Turnover (0-1, 2-4)

Last 10 Games: 9 Turnovers (9-1, 11-5)

So you guys are actually giving the ball up MORE often in your last 9 games than you did in your first 6... Is that what I'm seeing?

So, tell me again about how your offense has GOTTEN BETTER since the Ravens game at not turning the ball over...

Listen, the Dolphins are on a roll... I know that... but you have your weaknesses. Just like we have ours. So start talking football. Stop talking karma and odds.

What makes you think that the Fins D will hold our D to 10 points Joey Puscey Porter??? Gimme abreak, the Ravens will have 10 on the board in the first 8 minutes..Wait til we get to the 4th quarter, thats where the Ravens punish teams and put them away, just ask Dallas.

I don't why I am responding to your nonsense, but I just happen to know all about the good schools in Baltimore and St. Louis. My niece and nephew now go to school near Towson and moved last year from Ladue schools.

Miami 13; Ravens 10

Ladue ain't St. Louis. Ladue is one of the wealthiest suburbs in St. Louis County.

St. Louis city schools are in shambles. But I'm sure you knew that.

(Is public school trash talk before a game a new low?)

Oh wait... I just had too much fun with this one before, I had to do a bit more research...

Dolphins:

First 5 Games: 3 Turnovers (2-3)

vs. Ravens: 1 Turnover (0-1, 2-4)

Last 10 Games: 9 Turnovers (9-1, 11-5)

So you guys are actually giving the ball up MORE often in your last 9 games than you did in your first 6... Is that what I'm seeing?

So, tell me again about how your offense has GOTTEN BETTER since the Ravens game at not turning the ball over...

Listen, the Dolphins are on a roll... I know that... but you have your weaknesses. Just like we have ours. So start talking football. Stop talking karma and odds.

You are absolutely right...throughout the entire season they maintained the record setting pace of fewest turnovers. Any way you slice it it adds up the same, and it scares you. And they had fewer turnovers than Baltimore in the final 9 as well. What's your point?

What makes you think that the Fins D will hold our D to 10 points Joey Puscey Porter??? Gimme abreak, the Ravens will have 10 on the board in the first 8 minutes..Wait til we get to the 4th quarter, thats where the Ravens punish teams and put them away, just ask Dallas.

From your lips to g-ds ears--at least you better hope so. Typical Baltimore Bloviating. Nah nah nah.

Very good BA..Im somewhere in that ballpark with my prediction also.

I echo your thoughts to a tee. I hear the talk on the radio of Joe and his lack of playoff experience. What playoff experience did Dan Marino have in 1983-84?

The only reason Miami is in the playoffs is because they backed in while NE stumbled in the beginning of the year, that sets up nicely for US.

41-3 Ravens

Backed in by winning 5 in a row and 9 of 10? Great way to show you know nothing.

I could not agree with you more. What matters most is what these teams have done this year. And after a slow start at 2-4, Miami has all the stats pointing to a slight edge in this game--the edge of a deciding turnover. Which is all I have said all along. This year's Miami Dolphins protected the ball better than any other team in NFL history. It obviously kills you that Pennington is the most accurate passer in NFL history and you don't want to here about his career leading 67% completion rate. So let's focus on this year---but it doesn't matter because this year Pennington had, you guessed it, a 67.4% completion rate and led the league again. But I know, the statistical sample size is insignificant, kind of like your brain. Let's look at interceptions thrown by Flacco and Pennington. Flacco threw 12 for an int % of 2.8; compared to Pennington's lead leading low of 7 picks, int. % 1.7. That's this stats, pal. And let's look at the defense this year. Yeah, Baltimore led the league in takeaways, but not much ahead of Miami (34-31). And down the stretch, the Miami D had one more than Baltimore in the last 5.

These are the facts this year and suggest a takeaway advantage. Add to this year's facts the historical facts that you despise (rookie QBs have lost 6 of 8 in their playoff debuts and the 3rd seed in the AFC has won 7 of 8 in wildcard games) and yeah, I feel really good that Miami has an edge in this game, albeit a slim one at 13-10.

Good points, and this is where I do believe Pennington can hurt us. The Dolphins have the best take/give away ratio in the league (+17 I think? We are at +13). The Dolphins do a great job of protecting the ball. Ultimately, if the Dolphins offensive line can give Pennington time to throw, there will be opportunities downfield. I agree with you in your earlier post, Pennington can make plays downfield, if he has time. However, Chad is not the type of QB to buy time with his feet, then chuck one downfield (ala Big Ben). These are the QBs that kill us. In October the Ravens were very successful in pressuring Pennington, even if the sack numbers don't suggest it. If the Ravens pressure Pennington and shutdown the run game like back in October, the Dolphins will be in serous trouble.

When Baltimore beat Miami, Pennington was only with Miami for 2 months. Obviously, he was new to the system and his receivers. And Miami was 2-4. If you think Baltimore is facing the same Miami team tommorrow, enjoy your day in delusionville. Get real pal. These ain't your mother's pansy dolphins and tommorrow your team is going to get a dose of its own medicine- a good punch in the mouth by a tough Miami team. Miami 13-Ravens 10

This is why this game is going to be so good. Both teams have progressed a lot since October, which means anything can happen tomorrow. While Pennington was only in Miami for 2 months, Flacco was only 5 months out of a D1-AA football! Remember, we were both 2-3 going into that October matchup. That Dolphin game was the turning point in our season. So while you guys have progressed since October, so have we.

This so-called streak that the Fins have went on to end the season..Not 1 playoff team did they play..

Buffalo,Denver,Seattle,Oakland, New England,Rams,Bills,49ers,Chiefs and the Jets.. WOW

Tomorrows game puts as much concern into me as the game we faced the Raiders

*** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***

Good points, and this is where I do believe Pennington can hurt us. The Dolphins have the best take/give away ratio in the league (+17 I think? We are at +13). The Dolphins do a great job of protecting the ball. Ultimately, if the Dolphins offensive line can give Pennington time to throw, there will be opportunities downfield. I agree with you in your earlier post, Pennington can make plays downfield, if he has time. However, Chad is not the type of QB to buy time with his feet, then chuck one downfield (ala Big Ben). These are the QBs that kill us. In October the Ravens were very successful in pressuring Pennington, even if the sack numbers don't suggest it. If the Ravens pressure Pennington and shutdown the run game like back in October, the Dolphins will be in serous trouble.

This is why this game is going to be so good. Both teams have progressed a lot since October, which means anything can happen tomorrow. While Pennington was only in Miami for 2 months, Flacco was only 5 months out of a D1-AA football! Remember, we were both 2-3 going into that October matchup. That Dolphin game was the turning point in our season. So while you guys have progressed since October, so have we.

You're right. Anyhting can happen. Note that I am predicting a close game. But I think that with the game being played in Miami, a rookie QB going on the road in a playoff game (even thoough he was better on the road this year), a tough atmosphere, and all the points I have referred to, the slight edge goes to Miami in the turnover game, which I think determines the outcome. But I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it goes the other way. These teams are that evenly matched, in my opinion, at least for the game played in Miami. but under these circumstances tommorrow, I like Miami 13-10.

This so-called streak that the Fins have went on to end the season..Not 1 playoff team did they play..

Buffalo,Denver,Seattle,Oakland, New England,Rams,Bills,49ers,Chiefs and the Jets.. WOW

Tomorrows game puts as much concern into me as the game we faced the Raiders

*** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***

Is it from British Columbia?

And just for shits and grins, the game against New England, their loss during the "run" they gave up 48 points to NE..And last weeks game vs the Jets, they needed Overrated Favre to give them 4 turnovers.

Im sorry, but this game will be just as embarassing as the last time we faced the Fins in the playoffs.. BLOW-OUT

about your comment that Chad isn't one to scramble and throw a bomb. I think that has more to do with the Miami receivers than it does with Pennington's arm. And I recall many a bomb he threw against Miami in years past even when he was scrambling. I remember those throws well. But I do acknolwedge that he can't throw it on the run like Big Ben.

You're right. Anyhting can happen. Note that I am predicting a close game. But I think that with the game being played in Miami, a rookie QB going on the road in a playoff game (even thoough he was better on the road this year), a tough atmosphere, and all the points I have referred to, the slight edge goes to Miami in the turnover game, which I think determines the outcome. But I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if it goes the other way. These teams are that evenly matched, in my opinion, at least for the game played in Miami. but under these circumstances tommorrow, I like Miami 13-10.

Good stuff, you have definitely done well in explaining your prediction, and I could certainly see the game playing out that way. I have to give you some credit, you are one Dolphin fan holding your own against ten Ravens fans! I see the game in a similar fashion, except I see Ravens winning a close one, but I would not be shocked if it went the other way.

Let me just throw out one final point on my side. In a game of field position, special teams is going to play a huge role. Sam Koch has been on an absolute tear the past few weeks and finished second in the league with 34 punts inside the 20 yard line and ninth in the league with a 45-yard net average. According to Scouts, Inc., the Dolphins have been weak on kick coverage and return this year. Do not be surprised if this game comes down to special teams.

Do not forget, we had a little home-field advantage during the game in October. Hopefully you and your Dolphin fans come out in full-fleet tomorrow afternoon :D

Good stuff, you have definitely done well in explaining your prediction, and I could certainly see the game playing out that way. I have to give you some credit, you are one Dolphin fan going up against ten Ravens fans! I see the game in a similar fashion, except I see Ravens winning a close one, but I would not be shocked if it went the other way.

Let me just throw out one final point. In a game of field position, special teams is going to play a huge role. Sam Koch has been on an absolute tear the past few weeks and finished second in the league with 34 punts inside the 20 yard line and a 45-yard net average. According to Scouts, Inc., the Dolphins have been weak on kick coverage and return this year. Do not be surprised if this game comes down to special teams.

Do not forget, we had a little home-field advantage during the game in October. Hopefully you and your Dolphin fans come out in full-fleet tomorrow afternoon :D

Special teams concerns about the Fins? Absolutely, although they have made some changes in that department. But I hold my breath on every kick/punt return against the Fins. And although don't like Ted Ginn, I wouldn't be surprised if he (or Bess) broke one tommorrow because they have made changes. But I'll give the edge to Baltimore on that one.

As for the crowd in Miami, Joe Robbie is no Orange bowl for crowd noise. But Miami fans will be there for the playoffs and they will be loud.

As for yuor home field advantage in Miami, don't pat yourself on the back. Every opponent playing in Miami against the Marlins or Dolphins has plenty of fans showing up at Joe Robbie; but Baltimore's contingent was small compared to most others.

Good luck

Special teams concerns about the Fins? Absolutely, although they have made some changes in that department. But I hold my breath on every kick/punt return against the Fins. And although don't like Ted Ginn, I wouldn't be surprised if he (or Bess) broke one tommorrow because they have made changes. But I'll give the edge to Baltimore on that one.

As for the crowd in Miami, Joe Robbie is no Orange bowl for crowd noise. But Miami fans will be there for the playoffs and they will be loud.

As for yuor home field advantage in Miami, don't pat yourself on the back. Every opponent playing in Miami against the Marlins or Dolphins has plenty of fans showing up at Joe Robbie; but Baltimore's contingent was small compared to most others.

Good luck

I like Bess a lot. The kid is a playmaker, is dangerous with the ball in his hands, on screens, and is very sneaky out of the slot. Bess had to be a pleasant surprise for you guys. Our punt coverage has been very good this year, but our kick coverage has been a little shaky. Although it has been good the past few weeks. I have to believe that Harbaugh and Rex will be game planning to contain Bess.

Yeah, our fanbase is not very national, so we usually do not travel too well. However, Miami is one of our best away games. I expect there to be a good amount of Ravens fans there tomorrow, but I am sure there will be a tough crowd tomorrow.

There will be a lot of Ravens Fans in Miami today and tomorrow..Baltimore 30 degrees- Miami 78 degrees..Any Questions? Theres a Ravens rally starting at 4:30 today at some place called Alabama Al's or something along that line..WNST is hosting it. You will hear a strong HEEEEEEEEEAAAPPPPPP tomorrow when he catches a ball.