ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

You Can Have Cam Cameron

oggieman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not agree with you more. What matters most is what these teams have done this year. And after a slow start at 2-4, Miami has all the stats pointing to a slight edge in this game--the edge of a deciding turnover. Which is all I have said all along. This year's Miami Dolphins protected the ball better than any other team in NFL history. It obviously kills you that Pennington is the most accurate passer in NFL history and you don't want to here about his career leading 67% completion rate. So let's focus on this year---but it doesn't matter because this year Pennington had, you guessed it, a 67.4% completion rate and led the league again. But I know, the statistical sample size is insignificant, kind of like your brain. Let's look at interceptions thrown by Flacco and Pennington. Flacco threw 12 for an int % of 2.8; compared to Pennington's lead leading low of 7 picks, int. % 1.7. That's this stats, pal. And let's look at the defense this year. Yeah, Baltimore led the league in takeaways, but not much ahead of Miami (34-31). And down the stretch, the Miami D had one more than Baltimore in the last 5.

These are the facts this year and suggest a takeaway advantage. Add to this year's facts the historical facts that you despise (rookie QBs have lost 6 of 8 in their playoff debuts and the 3rd seed in the AFC has won 7 of 8 in wildcard games) and yeah, I feel really good that Miami has an edge in this game, albeit a slim one at 13-10.

And what do I hear from you aside from rambling nonsense? The only thing you have of substance is the October game that Baltimore won. Good luck relying on that one. See what that does for you tommorrow. When Baltimore beat Miami, Pennington was only with Miami for 2 months. Obviously, he was new to the system and his receivers. And Miami was 2-4. If you think Baltimore is facing the same Miami team tommorrow, enjoy your day in delusionville. Get real pal. These ain't your mother's pansy dolphins and tommorrow your team is going to get a dose of its own medicine- a good punch in the mouth by a tough Miami team. Miami 13-Ravens 10

Here we go again...

First, the sample sizes on completion percentages and interceptions are not small. They are huge. That's why I told you to use those stats instead of the BS stats about "rookies losing games" and "Cameron never winning in the playoffs."

Please. Follow your own advice. Read.

I WANT to talk about good, real, football stats. And I am happy to. I am happy to dissect every reasonable angle of this game.

Do you not see the difference between 6 rookie quarterbacks starting playoff games and a season with more than 300 pass attempts? Really?

As for me using real stats... again... read. In my first post I said I was going to discuss a single point of your argument. And that I have. If and when I feel like it, in another thread perhaps, I'll try to talk real football with you. But reading these replies you have to others (and myself) that seems fairly impossible. Plus, I just don't feel like overtalking it. I've been writing for weeks about football and my brain hurts.

You said tons of stats point to a Baltimore win tommorrow. name one.

I bet you know what I'm going to start with... READ.

I never said there were tons of stats pointing to a Baltimore win. I said there were tons of stats pointing to why BOTH teams SHOULD lose. Again, this goes back to your meaningless stats about rookies and Cameron.

But, since you asked... here are some quick reasons Miami "shouldn't" be able to win tomorrow... they fit right in with your kind of stats!

Tony Sparano is 0-3 as an NFL coach in the playoffs! (2003, 2006, 2007 with Cowboys)

Chad Pennington is only 2-3 career (he wins just 40% of his playoff games!)

Teams Bill Parcells has been a part of haven't won a playoff game since 1998 (Jets) and Parcells hasn't won a Wild Card game sine 1985.

So... just how much do these numbers mean?

Nothing. Just like your numbers about rookies and Cameron and whatever else. They just don't mean anything. We could keep going back and forth... you could point out that Baltimore is 2-5 all time against Miami or that home teams win 65% of the time in the wild card round... and I could point out that in playoff re-matches, the team to win the previous game almost always wins the rematch...

Talk REAL football. Not STUPID stats.

With that, I am done. If a real thread opens up tomorrow about real football, I'll talk.

Oh... and TOMORROW is spelled the way I just spelled it.

After watching both games yesterday, let me just say this in oggie's defense: Winning on the road in the playoffs is very difficult, even for league MVPs. If Flacco can win today, that would really say something about his poise. I really think we are going to benefit from Flacco's low key demeanor today.

In AFC playoff history, under the present format, the 3rd seed has won 87.5% of the "wildcard" games. Miami is the 3rd seed this year. Rookie QBs lose their first playoff game 75% of the time. Cam Cameron has never won a playoff game as an offenisve coordinator. His teams are 0-2 against AFC east teams in the playoffs; and he is 0-1 against Chad Pennington in the playoffs.

The odds are stacked in favor of Miami. Cam Cameron ain't going to help you in this one. Maybe after Miami wins 13-10, Cam Cameron will fully explain those infamous words "fail forward fast" . We're still waiting for that explanation.

Oops.

Miami will do what it has done in the last 10 games to become the team that has committed the fewest turnovers in NFL history. There is no reason to change their game. Pennington will do what he has done since that game in October to protect the ball better than anyone in the league. Why change?

Oops.

The only thing you have of substance is the October game that Baltimore won. Good luck relying on that one. See what that does for you tommorrow. ... If you think Baltimore is facing the same Miami team tommorrow, enjoy your day in delusionville. Get real pal. These ain't your mother's pansy dolphins and tommorrow your team is going to get a dose of its own medicine- a good punch in the mouth by a tough Miami team. Miami 13-Ravens 10

Just to be sure that there is no substance in the October game argument, let's look at the final score again, from several different web sites.

Just to be sure that there is no substance in the October game argument, let's look at the final score again, from several different web sites.

Actually, when he said "If you think Baltimore is facing the same Miami team tommorrow, enjoy your day in delusionville." he was right. The Ravens faced a much worse team.