ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big 5 Days

vmax

With the way the Ravens have been playing, the bottom could drop out between Sundays Bengals game and Thursday nights 49'ers game. There is a ton at stake in a 5 day period.

The Ravens could finish it as bad as 6-5 or as good as 8-3 and in the drivers seat.

It's a season turnaround point. They face 2 good and solid teams.

At least these are home games because this is not a road team this year.

The Bengals game has a definate playoff game atmosphere to it. The division and home field advantage is up for grabs. Both teams are in the drivers seat to control their destiny. Both teams believe they will win. They will come out swinging for 60 minutes. You want to watch a huge meaningfull game? This is it.

Jim Harbaughs 49'er team will definately fight for 60 minutes as they have all season long. The 49'ers and Bengals will try to be the bully.

John Harbaugh and his staff have not been able to identify why his team doesn't have the heart of a champion. They lack team chemistry and the ability to impose their will on teams with losing records. They were not ready to play Seattle, Jacksonville and the Titans. They played like talent and reputation alone would get them the win....and they got schooled by teams who fought their hearts out to win. Teams who would not back down.

The Bengals and 49'ers are 2 such teams.

It will come down to who wants it more.

I have my doubts about this 2011 Ravens team. After Sunday, the momentum for this Ravens team feels like the Eagles season. Can they turn it around? Have they lost it?

This is a franchise turning point.

I've been so focused on this Bengals game that I completely forgot we have the 49ers 4 days later. I think the Ravens will at least split. They seem to have it against winning teams and the schedulers did the 49ers no favors with a cross country trip on 4 days rest. Plus these thursday games seem to favor the home teams. Remember how flat we looked in Atl last year on a Thursday?

As for the Bengals game, Daulton looks impressive, but as we have stated all week the big question is how Flacco will play.

I agree with you, Max. NOW is the time for this team to step it up. If they lose both or even 1, I think they may be done so far as getting a home playoff game is concerned because I'm not at all sure Pittsburgh will lose again.

I think that ship has sailed. I thought we had maybe a 50% chance of getting it BEFORE the Seattle game, because of how tough Cinci plays us and how well the Steelers play them. Now i'd put those chances at 10-20% The Steelers don't lose to bad teams like we do. Barring injury, they don't have many losses left on their schedule.

I think that ship has sailed. I thought we had maybe a 50% chance of getting it BEFORE the Seattle game, because of how tough Cinci plays us and how well the Steelers play them. Now i'd put those chances at 10-20% The Steelers don't lose to bad teams like we do. Barring injury, they don't have many losses left on their schedule.

Does Big Ben not have a broken thumb on his throwing hand? He is McNair 2.0