ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is it all on Joe?

vmax

In order for the Ravens to reach the Super Bowl, Joe Flacco has to take them there.

He has to strong-arm Baltimore to victory over New England in Sunday's AFC Championship Game because that's how you beat the Patriots this season. New England has lost three games, and every time, the quarterback has been the deciding factor. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning exploited the AFC's worst defense by throwing for 984 yards (an average of 328 yards passing) and a total of six touchdowns.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/40620/the-stage-is-yours-joe-flacco

I think a little of Big Mouth Ed Reeds Defense won't hurt either.

A serving of Ray Rice and Suggs on Brady will also help the cause.

If the Ravens are to win this game it will require a team effort in all 3 phases, winning field position, the turnover battle and Time of possesion.

Yea...Joe can play a huge part in that too.

I think a lot of its going to be on Joe because I think the Patriots are going to wholley commit to stopping the run and making Flacco beat them.Sadly I dont think he can. I expect 2 INTs and one fumble. Plus a ton of time in the pocket not seeing open targets before dumping in off to Rice.

Why the hate for Ed? Just last week Joe was whining about not getting credit. I did not see anyone call him a big mouth or a whiner. And before anyone rationalizes Joes comments into not being whining, if Ben said the exact same things in the exact same tone most of us would tear him apart for them.

I think Joe will get a lot of credit, even nationally, for his performance Sunday. I just expect it to be mostly bad.

Because if you seen Joes interview, it was all done in light, thats why nothing was said..But not only did Ed go on satellite radio with this, he also went on Radio last night and did it again.

The timing is wrong...Ravens should be concentrating and game planning for NE only, but what are they doing today?? They are having a media circus in Owings Mills..

Because if you seen Joes interview, it was all done in light, thats why nothing was said..But not only did Ed go on satellite radio with this, he also went on Radio last night and did it again.

The timing is wrong...Ravens should be concentrating and game planning for NE only, but what are they doing today?? They are having a media circus in Owings Mills..

I certainly agree the timing is wrong.

I know Joe's interview was done in a joking matter but I also think he would joke about that if he didnt feel that way. So I can certainly understand how a lot of the national media and fans think he was whining.

Spen,

If the Pats commit to stopping the ground game, I have two thoughts...

1. I don't know that it will matter. They simply aren't good enough to really stop it. Does anyone believe they weren't fully committed to stopping the ground attack two years ago? Or against other teams this year when they got beat up?

2. I think if they really do go all-out for the run game, then Joe and the receivers will be able to do something. Their secondary is weak in the first place. If they get no help from LBs and Safeties are in on run blitzes... I can see Pitta and Boldin having big days. Not to mention Smith winning his match-ups deep if Joe has time to throw it.

They can't commit to stopping both the run and pass - they don't have the talent or the execution. And I think Joe can - not necessarily will - but can win a game against a weak secondary.

Spen,

If the Pats commit to stopping the ground game, I have two thoughts...

1. I don't know that it will matter. They simply aren't good enough to really stop it. Does anyone believe they weren't fully committed to stopping the ground attack two years ago? Or against other teams this year when they got beat up?

2. I think if they really do go all-out for the run game, then Joe and the receivers will be able to do something. Their secondary is weak in the first place. If they get no help from LBs and Safeties are in on run blitzes... I can see Pitta and Boldin having big days. Not to mention Smith winning his match-ups deep if Joe has time to throw it.

They can't commit to stopping both the run and pass - they don't have the talent or the execution. And I think Joe can - not necessarily will - but can win a game against a weak secondary.

1. Hopefully they are not good enough to stop the running game. Thats the only faint hope I have.

2. I have no confidence in that.

Hopefully I am wrong on both counts.

Guest BallTMore

Joe will play a big part in the outcome this time, imo. Win or lose

I think the Pats are too smart to just line up to stop the run. The know if they over commit Rice would only have to beat one man and he is off to the races like last time.

They'll play smart. They'll hope to avoid the big pass play from Joe and make us dink our way down the field. They know this offense is having problems sustaining drives.

Thankfully the Pats D is nothing to fear. If we play smart on offense we should be in for one hell of a fight. If the offense f's up and starts shooting themselves in the foot, I would not be shocked if we lose by 14 or more.

Of course the defense HAS to pressure Brady. If he is bouncing around in a clean pocket we will get killed like in SD, and it really won't matter what the offense is doing.