ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens' Flacco eager to keep learning

cravnravn

It's not exactly the uniform he had hoped to be wearing this week, but Joe Flacco walked through the three-ring Super Bowl circus wearing his good suit yesterday. I say good suit, but in fact, it's his only suit.

A year from now, he wants to return, he said, but as an actual participant.

Here's why Ravens fans should start counting down the days until the 2009 season begins: Flacco, a guy who generally deals only with what's directly in front of him, has wasted no time shifting his focus to the future.

How long did it take? Oh, about a day.

44786321.jpg

The Ravens lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC title game on a Sunday night. The next morning, Flacco showed up in Owings Mills. While other players were packing up their lockers and saying their goodbyes, Flacco surprised coaches by requesting the film from the Steelers game. He started watching it right away, too. He wouldn't take the field again for months, but Flacco couldn't wait to start studying.

"I just wanted to go back, look at it like I always do, see what I could've done better," Flacco said yesterday. "There were things that could've been done differently. But the bottom line, it didn't happen that way and we've got to move on."

More

He makes me feel better every day about this team. Just by being himself. I think he's quickly becoming the Ray Lewis of the offense.

This article is a testament to why I believe we will not see a fall off next season, like after our 13-3 season in 2006 and our 10-6 season in 2003. When you have a franchise QB, it brings so much consistency to your team, you are going to compete at a consistent level every season (other than the Bengals :lol: ). I believe we are ready to move into the category of perennial contenders with teams like Pittsburgh, Indy, New England, and San Diego. I am not worried about the free agents on our defense. We have a system in place, and Ozzie is great with drafting guys that fit what we want to do and retaining the guys we need. Getting the franchise QB was the hard part, now that we have that, it will be much easier to continue to get better.

This article is a testament to why I believe we will not see a fall off next season, like after our 13-3 season in 2006 and our 10-6 season in 2003. When you have a franchise QB, it brings so much consistency to your team, you are going to compete at a consistent level every season (other than the Bengals :lol: ). I believe we are ready to move into the category of perennial contenders with teams like Pittsburgh, Indy, New England, and San Diego. I am not worried about the free agents on our defense. We have a system in place, and Ozzie is great with drafting guys that fit what we want to do and retaining the guys we need. Getting the franchise QB was the hard part, now that we have that, it will be much easier to continue to get better.

Tcleetz,

I agree. I still say we have to keep Ray, Suggs, Brown and Leonard. The others can go.

I believe we have got to keep Leonard because I am not sure we will ever see the same 2008 Ed Reed (neck) again.

With his hampered ability to tackle, I am not sure how much Ed Reed has left. And who knows about Landry.

I like Zip and Nak but... if Reed aint the same and Landry is done...we need at least Leonard as a safety policy to anchor one of the safety positions.

What's amazing is that Joe flew down to Tampa for the award, won it, and went home right away.

He didn't stay to party....hang out and look famous...all the glitter had no power over him.

43161579.jpg

Or maybe he came back to baltimore for some hot girl or a beer pong party.

He had his girlfriend with him 8483.

Maybe her mother let her go with the stipulation that they have to be home by dark.:)

I don't know...it's all Wacco to me.