ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Ravens Most Important Draft?

oldno82

The more I think about this draft and all the holes we need to fill, the more I think this might be the most decisive draft the Ravens have had since the Super Bowl season.

We have one desperate need: a starting OG, several need positions: C, ILB, FS, and LT, and two others we could use help at: WR and a pass rusher.

I don't see how we can solve all these through the draft unless Ozzie pulls a miracle. Getting no one in free agency has really hurt us and I know its because of the cap but it is a major problem.

And on top of all this it looks like we might not give Flacco a contract extension this season and where would that leave us next year? I'm not in the mood for this franchise to go quarterback hunting again.

Will be very interesting to see how many holes we can fill over the next three days.

They are all important. True...some years the needs are greater than others....but remember this: the Ravens are very strong in most positions and no team is perfect.

I agree with your list of needs, but some of them will be filled by men already on the roster, some duriing training camp and 1 or 2 right before the season starts.

What will hurt the Ravens most is if they don't get a very good guard, center or left tackle. They have to find at least 1 this draft. Ozzie can get another lineman or 2 after the draft and before the season starts to privide depth or a starting position.

LB can wait one more year if it must (I don't think Ray makes it through the full season)...same for safety..

They will sign Flacco...he's not going anywhere.

"They still have a load full of animals...

nfl_u_ravens12_576.jpg

I want Hightower but then again I want that lineman real bad.

Well we didn't get Hightower but I can live with that if we pick up a Guard or Center with the first pick tonight. Konz may be the best choice here because, maybe, he kills two birds with one stone: A guard for now since we're so desperate, and a Center to replace Birk after this season. It also is interesting that Mike Adams, OT, is still available as is Stephen Hill and Courtney Brown. The most pressing need though is G. It would be great to see Ozzie trade up in the second round to get two solid starters.

There's a damned good guard available too but (I forgot his name) it looks like he's going to the Rams.

As for what you said about Flacco, Max, all I can say after a dozen years of searching for one, I'd hate to see us lose such a good quarterback. I hope you're right and we keep him.

Why is KONZ still on the board? He must of had a horrible combine

I don't think he was healthy enough to participate at the combine. Health/durability issues must be scaring teams but he always strapped up on Saturdays.