ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

AFCN not the best division in football

cravnravn

Huh? who are they kidding

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/07/20/late-for-work-720-whats-the-best-division-in-the-nfl/

What’s The Best Division In The NFL?

With three teams advancing to the playoffs last season, the AFC North was widely considered the toughest division in the NFL.

But heading into the 2012 season, two other divisions are considered to be even tougher, says a panel of NFL.com analysts.

Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus, Marc Sessler and Brian McIntyre each ranked the NFL’s eight divisions from best (1 point) to worst (8 points).

The numbers were tallied, and the AFC North came up third behind the NFC South (Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and the NFC North (Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings).

The Ravens’ division is considered best in the AFC, but three of the four toughest came from the NFC.

If the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals all advance to the postseason again, it would be hard to argue that the AFC North doesn’t remain the toughest.

Below are the NFL.com panel’s final list and reasons for their rankings:

Every division has a bad egg lol :-).

I just don't see how a division featuring the Ravens and Steelers isn't considered the best in the NFL. The playoff streak between these two teams is insane. The NFC south has had one team win a playoff game in the past 5 years. The same with the NFC north. Multiple Super Bowl winners and playoff game winners have come out of the NFC East and AFC North. I just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I would venture to say the NFC West is stronger than the NFC South. Cardinals, Seahawks, and Niners have all won playoff games, and two of the teams have made it to the Super Bowl. What criteria are these guys using?

The Falcons can't buy an important win. The Panthers haven't been relevant since Belichek was cheating for Super Bowls lol. Yes the Saints are good, but that's one team.

I suppose it's a tough question to answer because the NFL is by far the most balanced sporting franchise in the world.

Thats not true Max Leaveland always plays us, the Stealers and the Bungles tough..Their day is coming...

This article is balony, who would you rather watch Ravens vs Stealers, or Atlanta vs New Orleans..BTW they play in domes..yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn..

Our 2008 AFCCG was a classic, it didnt tunout the way we wanted, but it is the way football is to be played, outside, in the elements..

Edited by cravnravn