ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Manny Machado called up by Orioles at age 20

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/manny-machado-called-orioles-age-20-140051477--mlb.html

He was batting .266/.352/.438 with 11 homers, 26 doubles, five triples, 48 walks and 13 stolen bases for Bowie of the Eastern League.

I am wondering if this is the right time for him. He is not hitting the cover off the ball in AA. They are burning a yr of control for about a month and a half. What say you?

Anybody is an improvement over the circus they have going on at 3rd base.

If he makes it through 1 game without an error they win.

Message to the Orioles: If you can't field and you can't throw, then you do not belong on a major league roster.

Bryce Harper's minor league numbers were nothing too grand either - in fact, they were worse than Machado's. (Machado was also injured early this year, remember).

Sometimes it's about talent, not about numbers. If he gets to play up here, he'll do fine.

August 11, 2012

Who would have dreamed that we'd hear these words for an Orioles player at this time of the year?

Yeah, it's a new era,” Machado said. “We haven't won in a long time and this ballclub has been winning without me. And hopefully now that I'm up here I can contribute to the team and help them start winning. Buck brought me up for a reason and it was to help this team. So I'm going to do anything I can to help this team and try to make a playoff [game].”
Edited by vmax