ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Stealers Suck

cravnravn

I cannot hate, that interception by Polumalu was amazing.

Pitt should be down at least 10 right now... geeeez.

And would have been rolling had that final second play turned into a 100yd TD for Tenn... instead only an 80 yard near-TD. Rats!

Hard to stop them when you completely give up on your blitz... the only thing holding the Steelers in check all night.

The Steelers had that game lost 8 ways to Sunday and the Titans couldn't finish them off or get close once... that's the same Titans team that played that same game against us last season.

Classic Steelers escapism.

Guest BallTMore

Well that was fun.

A few notes:

The Steelers offense looks like complete shit until they run a no-huddle. Once they go no-huddle they score points, I don't understand why their OC doesn't run it more often, sure they'll get tired, but with that D you only need about 17 points. Here's hoping he stays dumb.

I cannot stand a 3-man rush, especially against Ben! All night you're getting pressure, then you let up. What happens? You lose the game.

The Steelers defense will be very tough again this season, even if Lou-Lou/Mr.Head-and-Shoulders has succumb to the Madden Curse (Watch out Fitz!)

Anyway, F Pittsburgh.

Edited by BallTMore

I think the no-huddle success has as much to do with the Titans laying off the blitz as anything else...

Collinsworth finally started saying it in the final three minutes or so... "I'd rather risk the big play than just let them rip my zone apart with 3 or 4 man rush."

And if you're only going to rush 4... at least make it creative. We've seen the Ravens fall apart the same way before. But at least with our versatility we can rush with Suggs and drop someone like Kruger...

Meanwhile... need I mention how watching Bironas miss two inside 40 made me feel? Especially about a certain situation we've been discussing/avoiding in these parts?

Guest BallTMore

I think the no-huddle success has as much to do with the Titans laying off the blitz as anything else...

Collinsworth finally started saying it in the final three minutes or so... "I'd rather risk the big play than just let them rip my zone apart with 3 or 4 man rush."

And if you're only going to rush 4... at least make it creative. We've seen the Ravens fall apart the same way before. But at least with our versatility we can rush with Suggs and drop someone like Kruger...

Meanwhile... need I mention how watching Bironas miss two inside 40 made me feel? Especially about a certain situation we've been discussing/avoiding in these parts?

When Bironas missed from 37 I knew the Steelers would win by three, just knew it. Didn't even want to watch the game from that point. And yes, I thought of Hauschka too, especially at Heinz field.

Im actually really please with what I saw last night. Despite the fact Pitt won, which I knew going into the fourth with TN only up 3. I said to my friends 3 points will never be enough they need 10. Pitt played that way all year last season, hang around hang around, beat u with a minute to go.

Pitt has No run game. and when pressured their passing game sucks, Pitt Is one big ben injury from total destruction. Their O-LINE STILL SUCKS!!!!!!

This division is ours

Again Crav... it all comes down to Tenn's defensive schemes. They just laid off him.

And again... especially with our versatility... I never want to lay off Ben or any other QB we're up against that can really throw. I'd rather risk a huge play than just let them pick us apart. It just doesn't make sense. When you rush him, it's 10% chance of big play, 90% chance of incompletion, sack, interception, etc... If you let him sit back, those numbers just switch.

Again Crav... it all comes down to Tenn's defensive schemes. They just laid off him.

And again... especially with our versatility... I never want to lay off Ben or any other QB we're up against that can really throw. I'd rather risk a huge play than just let them pick us apart. It just doesn't make sense. When you rush him, it's 10% chance of big play, 90% chance of incompletion, sack, interception, etc... If you let him sit back, those numbers just switch.

I think everyone can see the Defensive gameplan against pitt now...everyone knows the Titans blew it with the 3 to 4 man rush giving big jen 15 seconds to pick apart the simple zone.

They have nearly no running game, and if you blitz and play bump coverage, you should be straight.

However...squealers have a super cake schedule, and might win 13+ games this year, but we should be able to beat them twice, hopefully 3 times.

Guest BallTMore
and might win 13+ games this year,

I think so too, which is why the win against the Titans was big for Pittsburgh. If we win the division we will have to earn it by beating the Steelers. I can't see them falling apart.

The Titans O-line is probably top 3 in the entire NFL. That unit kept Collins upright most of the game, which is a big deal against the Steelers, we can't expect other teams to keep their QB that clean when they face Pitts. Yeah, the Steelers offense may not be great, but they only need a few big plays a game and around 17 pts., and we know Ben can provide that.

They'll be tough to beat again this year.

Any word on Polamalu's injury yet? Their defense looked far less fierce without him out there.

I really don't understand much of anything that Titans did last night. The long pass game was never open... and their biggest mistakes came in trying to heave it downfield... even with a short clock at the end of the game, they had more than enough time (with 3 time outs and 2 min warning) to use the running game which had opened things up for them, and they simply didn't... and then the defensive changes, as we have mentioned.

Personally, I think the Steelers look more than beatable. But I think you all are right that they will be tough to beat - especially because they face the Dolphins/Titans while we get the Colts/Pats. I also think this game was classic Steelers - no one else wins games like that. They should have been down so often, by so much... and all the breaks seemed to go their way for a while. Announcers always try to tell us it's not luck... but there's some luck in there.