ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Derrick Mason Lays Down The Smack

vmax

This just in from Derrick "I Don't Take Shit" Mason...

If it seemed like the offense played with a certain attitude, it was rooted in some critical comments made by former wide receivers Cris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson in The Sun. The Ravens players were made aware of them hours before the game.

The wide receivers were particularly upset by Johnson's comment that "you want a bum, you pay a bum."

"Keyshawn Johnson is the bum, that's why he's in the analyst seat," wide receiver Derrick Mason told CBS Sports after Sunday's game. "He tried to come back to football but no one would sign him. He was never that good a player. He got lucky and signed on in Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl because they had a great defense.

"Just look at the two people doing the criticizing, that's all I'm saying. Keyshawn was overrated and Carter is in the same boat I'm in. He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either. He's in the analyst seat without a ring. At least I'm playing. He still wants to play but he can't anymore. We're the bums? That's why you're in the analyst seat. Just be quiet and keep dreaming you still could play."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens0914,0,5546392.story

43162934.jpg

The Eagles just activated Vick and are apparently trying to trade Baskett to make room and will release him if they can't trade him. He's a big 6'4" target who is exactly what we are missing as a good red zone target. He's not really good enough to be an every down receiver for us, especially with how Clayton and Washington played, but let's go get him.