ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Did the Indigenous Persons cut Cundiff?

vmax

Shanahan has decided that Cundiff probably isn't the long-term answer in Washington. Team sources tell CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that the Redskins will work out at least three kickers Tuesday, as well some long snappers.

While Cundiff is largely responsible for whether the ball makes it through the uprights, some of the problem has been with the exchange from snapper to holder to Cundiff's right foot. Hence, the addition of long snappers to the tryout.

La Canfora reports that Olindo Mare, Josh Brown and Kai Forbath will be taking part in the kicking competition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20512405

I'd be sick right now if the Ravens had let Tucker go.

I'd be sick right now if the Ravens had let Tucker go.

I can't say we are at the stage where when the FG unit comes on you go to the bathroom safe in the knowledge you have got 3 points but with every kick from Tucker we are getting there. Even his miss has been close.

I can't say we are at the stage where when the FG unit comes on you go to the bathroom safe in the knowledge you have got 3 points but with every kick from Tucker we are getting there. Even his miss has been close.

Agree. I don't go early...yet... :thumbup:

By Kevin Cowherd The Baltimore Sun

11:41 a.m. EDT, October 10, 2012

OK, I was wrong about Billy Cundiff. Really, really wrong.

Sharp readers of this newspaper – do we have any other kind? -- may recall that right before the season started, I wrote that the Ravens had made a mistake cutting Biilly Cundiff and going with rookie Justin Tucker as their kicker.

I wrote that a team with serious designs on a Super Bowl berth needed an experienced kicker who had been through the NFL wars. And I wrote that Cundiff would bounce back from that disastrous 32-yard miss in the AFC title game last January against the New England Patriots and be dependable kicker again.

So I went 0-for-2 there, sports fans.

Tucker has turned out to be just fine for the Ravens so far, with one of the stronger legs in the league. And Cundiff has turned into a basket case, missing four of six field-goal attempts the past two games before being cut Tuesday by the Washington Redskins.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-billy-cundiff-cut-by-redskins-sports-writer-eats-crow-20121010,0,374162.story

hillbilly_date.jpg