ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LB Prescott Burgess waived

ravinmaniac52

Guest BallTMore

So now we resign him and we have a free 7th round pick haha

It was conditional. Based on Prescott's play. Since he was waived we get nothing. Like Papa said, they probably got all the info they needed out of him.

Not really sure how much info you can get out a player from another team. Watching film is the way you find out about players and other teams. And with the way each team plays week to week they always change.

I seen Bill up in a tree at Raven's training camp. He ran into a guy named Brian. Bill said to Brian, "hey what are you doing up here? Your not a coach anymore!" Brain said, "yeah I know, I just want to see how it is done."

Not really sure how much info you can get out a player from another team. Watching film is the way you find out about players and other teams. And with the way each team plays week to week they always change."

I heard an interesting take on this question from Damon Yaffe (sp?) on the Viviano show on 105.7 yesterday. he put forth the idea that the Patriots would get the signals from a player like Burgess, i.e. what words do they use to shift from run to pass, what words are bogus and what words are real (e.g. colors are bogus, animals are real) and what certain hand signals from the sideline mean.

He also suggested that maybe the reason the Ravens traded Burgess to NE knowing that he would be used for this purpose is b/c the Ravens felt Burgess failed to pick up the knowledge he was supposed to while he was here, so the Pats wouldn't get much out of him.