ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I foresee

Jungletiger

Bengals 3-2 after next week.

I don't see how you can say that with your lips firmly planted on some Ravens butt. Glad to see you showed back up all puckered up though son!

Happy they won, yes, but we made DA look like Montana at times.

This statement redeems you...sort of.

Here's the way I see the game playing out against the Ravens. They will open up an early lead, then Carson Palmer will lead a 4th quarter resurgence and snatch victory away from them. He's done it to Baltimore before!

Here's the way I see the game playing out against the Ravens. They will open up an early lead, then Carson Palmer will lead a 4th quarter resurgence and snatch victory away from them. He's done it to Baltimore before!

I don't doubt the possibility, but I don't believe it will happen.

I don't doubt the possibility, but I don't believe it will happen.

Life is all about possibilities. I wouldn't have given Baltimore squat against the Giants in the 2000 Superbowl, yet your team snatched a trophy with freakin' Trent Dilfer at QB.

That being said, good luck next week you Raven maniacs, and may a good game be seen by all.

Here is the difference from before, we now have a QB who has just as much ability to lead his team down the field at the end for the win as you do. So basically, if the game is close in the fourth, I believe whoever has the ball last will win.

Me personally as a Ravens fan, I think this will be a decisive win by the Ravens. It will have its close moments, but the Bengals have shown this season that while they can play up to the level of their competition (e.g. Steelers, Packers), they can also play down to the level of competition (e.g. Browns, Broncos). Since Harbaugh has become coach, the Ravens have not played down to the level of the competition, for the most part, and have played excellent at home. So if the Bengals come out slow like they did in the Browns and Broncos games, it will get ugly. If the Bengals come out playing tough like the Steelers game, it will be very close.

I have been impressed with your run defense at times (Maualuga, Rivers, Odom, and Roy Williams have been solid in the run game), but is the front seven as a whole (mainly the play of those defensive tackles) going to be able to be physical enough with our offensive line who have dominated every opponent thus far? I am not sure. On the offensive side of the ball, the league's #4 rusher goes up against the league's #1 run defense. This will be a good match-up and possibly the key to the game. Carson has been sacked nine times this season, this could be a big factor as far as the need to get the run game going. On the flip side, if Jared Gaither is not good to go, Odom and Gaithers could be a big factor in pressuring Flacco.

For me the only chance the Bengals have is if Palmer can consistently get the ball to his no.2 option should that be Caldwell, Henry or Coles or the TE.

I think the Ravens proved last week that they can take away the no.1 receiving option.

On D I don't think the Bengals can stop the Ravens, they just have to slow them down enough to keep their O in it. That said if Cam has us come out throwing that worries me a little. I would rather see the Ravens run the ball and set up the play action pass. It is with PA that Todd Heap could have a career day going against Roy Williams.

If it is close then like Thundercleetz said whoever has the ball last could win.

Here is the difference from before, we now have a QB who has just as much ability to lead his team down the field at the end for the win as you do. So basically, if the game is close in the fourth, I believe whoever has the ball last will win.

Me personally as a Ravens fan, I think this will be a decisive win by the Ravens. It will have its close moments, but the Bengals have shown this season that while they can play up to the level of their competition (e.g. Steelers, Packers), they can also play down to the level of competition (e.g. Browns, Broncos). Since Harbaugh has become coach, the Ravens have not played down to the level of the competition, for the most part, and have played excellent at home. So if the Bengals come out slow like they did in the Browns and Broncos games, it will get ugly. If the Bengals come out playing tough like the Steelers game, it will be very close.

I have been impressed with your run defense at times (Maualuga, Rivers, Odom, and Roy Williams have been solid in the run game), but is the front seven as a whole (mainly the play of those defensive tackles) going to be able to be physical enough with our offensive line who have dominated every opponent thus far? I am not sure. On the offensive side of the ball, the league's #4 rusher goes up against the league's #1 run defense. This will be a good match-up and possibly the key to the game. Carson has been sacked nine times this season, this could be a big factor as far as the need to get the run game going. On the flip side, if Jared Gaither is not good to go, Odom and Gaithers could be a big factor in pressuring Flacco.

Bengals trailed the Steelers by 13 points in the first half, the Bengals kicked a FG as the half ended.

Bengals lead the Browns 14 - 0 until the Browns scored with 2 minutes left in the 1st half.

So your info is a little wrong.

I like the Bengals chances as Carson plays well against the Ravens.

Guest BallTMore

Now tell me the Maryland State Lottery numbers. Good call. Congrats on the win. I thought the Bengals were improved, but I didn't think they we top notch just yet.

They're good.

For me the only chance the Bengals have is if Palmer can consistently get the ball to his no.2 option should that be Caldwell, Henry or Coles or the TE.

I think the Ravens proved last week that they can take away the no.1 receiving option.

On D I don't think the Bengals can stop the Ravens, they just have to slow them down enough to keep their O in it. That said if Cam has us come out throwing that worries me a little. I would rather see the Ravens run the ball and set up the play action pass. It is with PA that Todd Heap could have a career day going against Roy Williams.

If it is close then like Thundercleetz said whoever has the ball last could win.

How prohetic on the Caldwell call

Now tell me the Maryland State Lottery numbers. Good call. Congrats on the win. I thought the Bengals were improved, but I didn't think they we top notch just yet.

They're good.

To be honest the Bengals aren't top notch in every respect. Their long snapper Brad St. Louis continues to be a liability. The #1 difference is the defense. They provide an offense with numerous weapons time to pull games out at the end.

Well that didn't happen. Chad caught 7 passes for 94 yards.

I still do not mean to take any credit away from the Bengals... because really, they played one hell of a game... but I still just not sure about them.

I mean, despite a downright overpowering performance on both sides of the ball for most of the game... you were losing going into that final drive. And if not for a few penalties (justified or not), the final score would have been that much less likely.

You should have been winning going into those final minutes, not trailing. Just like in Cleveland.

And after all that - the defense's numbers (again, outside of the pass rush) are pretty darn average. Just like I worried for the Ravens in their 3-0 start, I would worry for the Bengals... the lead-up and the final product don't entirely match-up. How long can that keep up?

I still do not mean to take any credit away from the Bengals... because really, they played one hell of a game... but I still just not sure about them.

I mean, despite a downright overpowering performance on both sides of the ball for most of the game... you were losing going into that final drive. And if not for a few penalties (justified or not), the final score would have been that much less likely.

You should have been winning going into those final minutes, not trailing. Just like in Cleveland.

And after all that - the defense's numbers (again, outside of the pass rush) are pretty darn average. Just like I worried for the Ravens in their 3-0 start, I would worry for the Bengals... the lead-up and the final product don't entirely match-up. How long can that keep up?

Average numbers?

The defense held the Broncos to 200 yards and 6 points before the fluke play. The Broncos did not run any plays inside the redzone. Bengal's offense had about 8 passes dropped and a dozen penalties. Bengals missed a FG from the 10 yard line and the Broncos took over at midfield.

GB had pick 6, and were shut out in the second half until two minutes were left and a prevent defense was used. GB put up 100 yards of their 300 yards in the last two minutes.

Steelers had a great first half 270 yards but only put up 13 points. Second half they had 7 points and 100 yards.

Browns had 400 yards in 5 quarters. Browns had turnover on a kickoff return that they kicked a FG. Cribbs returned a punt to the Bengals 15 yard line and the Browns got another FG. Cribbs had another punt return to the Bengals 40 yard line where DA threw a perfect pass to Massaqui(?)for a TD. so the Browns had one drive for 7 other points.

The Ravens had one drive for 7 points and a pick six. How many passes did Coates (TE) drop for TD's?

The offense and special teams have struggled. At least 6 bad snaps on FG's and extra points. Carson has been rusty having missed most of last year and most of preseason with injuries. He is just now getting his timing back.

It's actually scary that their record is 4 - 1 with the offense being mediocre so far. Look out second half - Henry now appears healthy from his injury, Andre Smith still hasn't played, Carson is playing better and better, the OL with many new players is getter better each game.

So I'm not sure why your so doubtful (or maybe hopeful), the Bengals are going to play better in the last 11 games. Scary that they've beaten the Steelers and Ravens and haven't played their best yet.

Yes... all of those are average numbers. Justify them any way you want, but that's how numbers get to be the way they are.

I mean, I could say that short of Henry's lucky catch and big run, the Ravens didn't give up more than 300 yards passing to Palmer. And until 2 minutes left in the game, the Bengals had 80 less yards than they did...

But guess what? You got those yards. And in previous games you gave up those yards.

You're right... your offense may not be playing its best game yet. But the numbers don't lie. Your team came into the Ravens game with very average numbers on both sides of the ball.

If you're right... the numbers are misleading. If I'm right... the record is misleading. It's one or the other... that or they are the fluke team who, every year, has the disconnection between numbers and performance... but who knows. Usually its the team with seemingly great numbers that fails to achieve (maybe the Pats this year?)