ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

congrats

thesteelhurtin

Like I said I was pulling for yinz last night. More then just keeping the Niners from number 6 but also Lewis deserved another one after playing with such horrible offenses for so long. I'm just saying this cancels out yinz being able to say that the Steelers only beat the seachickens because of the refs and the roids in the 70s. I'm actually all for PEDs I pay to see the best possible game so if they want to use them and get bigger stronger faster great. If it helps them get back sooner awesome. I understand no roids they are illegal but some of the stuff on the list is just stupid. I got rib yinz some I did say congrats lol. Also yinz winning gives a pretty good chance of the Steelers playing in the season opener.

I hardly see how one Super Bowl with one player who may have used a deer antler spray that has already been confirmed as a bogus drug containing no banned substances by a specialized doctor in the world's best medical institution makes us even with four Super Bowls where nearly a whole team for a fact used steriods. Whatever though, I am not taking anything away from you guys. I respect the hell out of the Steelers. And I know the Steelers respect us. There is a reason why Cower picked us to beat the Niners, he knew that college, pistol gimmick wouldn't fly against an AFC North team. Even the Seahawks Super Bowl win, your defense was incredible and Jerome Bettis and your offensive line did some serious damage in that game. Despite that called back TD, the Seahawks were flat the rest of the game and you deserved to win.

I also agree with you somewhat, a lot of these "banned substances" are a joke. A player could take nyquill for a cold and if they are tested the next day they would fail a test. The whole idea of testing for PEDs is to catch the people who are taking substances to cheat to get ahead (real steroids and HGH). It should not penalize players who are trying to recover from an injury, have a treatable condition (i.e. aderall for players who have ADHD), or who are sick and mistakenly take something that they have no idea about. The fact is that the banned substance list is miles long and it is niave to believe that the league can simply hand players a list and expect them to be properly educated. That lastest poll where 75% of NFL players do not trust their team doctors is telling. These doctors are clearly of no help. The program needs to be completely revamped.

With this win, the Steelers are no longer a notch above the Ravens. We are even. This century we both have two Super Bowls, with two different coaches. We both have Super Bowl winning QBs. That intimidation of not being able to win the big one is gone. I cannot wait for our matchups next season! Oh yeah, Flacco says Ben can kiss his Super Bowl MVP trophy!

I hardly see how one Super Bowl with one player who may have used a deer antler spray that has already been confirmed as a bogus drug containing no banned substances by a specialized doctor in the world's best medical institution makes us even with four Super Bowls where nearly a whole team for a fact used steriods. Whatever though, I am not taking anything away from you guys. I respect the hell out of the Steelers. And I know the Steelers respect us. There is a reason why Cower picked us to beat the Niners, he knew that college, pistol gimmick wouldn't fly against an AFC North team. Even the Seahawks Super Bowl win, your defense was incredible and Jerome Bettis and your offensive line did some serious damage in that game. Despite that called back TD, the Seahawks were flat the rest of the game and you deserved to win.

I also agree with you somewhat, a lot of these "banned substances" are a joke. A player could take nyquill for a cold and if they are tested the next day they would fail a test. The whole idea of testing for PEDs is to catch the people who are taking substances to cheat to get ahead (real steroids and HGH). It should not penalize players who are trying to recover from an injury, have a treatable condition (i.e. aderall for players who have ADHD), or who are sick and mistakenly take something that they have no idea about. The fact is that the banned substance list is miles long and it is niave to believe that the league can simply hand players a list and expect them to be properly educated. That lastest poll where 75% of NFL players do not trust their team doctors is telling. These doctors are clearly of no help. The program needs to be completely revamped.

With this win, the Steelers are no longer a notch above the Ravens. We are even. This century we both have two Super Bowls, with two different coaches. We both have Super Bowl winning QBs. That intimidation of not being able to win the big one is gone. I cannot wait for our matchups next season! Oh yeah, Flacco says Ben can kiss his Super Bowl MVP trophy!

Ben should have gotten the one against the cards not Holmes but whatever Joe can kiss Ben's second ring.

Also the Steelers broke zero rules in 70s and every team had players that were using them. The first reported case was I believe 63 so by the 70s they were rampant and the 80s they were out of control.

Who knows maybe in twenty years we'll be saying the same thing about players today and PEDs.