ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

That Was NOT Ravens Football

vmax

as for the clayton pass.. if you are talking about the 40 yard bomb... thats not an easy pass to make. still waiting for clayton to lay out, at least.

That was the one perfect call of the game...3rd and 10 I think....Clayton has Hall beat...just the throw was bad.

just to continue to clarify... this "defenseless receiver" thing is bs. the best i can find on it is from a Sun rules explanation last... and it pretty much says that if a receiver is defenseless (in the air, no ball) you cant him him high (head or neck) you have to hit him chest or below. nothing says you cant hit him.

as for the clayton pass.. if you are talking about the 40 yard bomb... thats not an easy pass to make. still waiting for clayton to lay out, at least.

Well, sometime between 5 and 10 years ago, they had a rash of injuries with receivers getting absolutely clobbered while diving or jumping and after the ball had passed them. That led them to give an interpretation on the following rule to say that it included any hit on a "defenseless receiver" after the ball had passed and there was an opportunity for the defender to not hit the receiver:

unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a

player who (i) is out of the play or (ii) should not have reasonably anticipated such

contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead;

It does not matter if the contact is in the head or not, if the defender doesn't need to hit the receiver, the penalty is called. I have seen this called on at least a half-dozen occasions over the course of the past few years that did not involve contact to the head or leading with the head.

It does not matter if the contact is in the head or not, if the defender doesn't need to hit the receiver, the penalty is called. I have seen this called on at least a half-dozen occasions over the course of the past few years that did not involve contact to the head or leading with the head.

At which point it becomes entirely subjective as to what is necessary and isn't... Ray certainly didn't go out of his way to beat the shit out of CJ on that play, it wasn't hugely delayed.

Meanwhile... Johnson was certainly involved in the play... and going across the middle you should expect a hit... so where's the penalty?

I've seen it called as well... but just like the roughing penalties on QBs and the holding penalties on DBs... they are called with exceptional INconsistency.

We need a FB so we can start running Mcclain again. And where in the hell was willis yesterday?

Not to take anything away from the bungles but god damn thats a game we expect to win and need to win. Im not calling this season over just yet because we have been in every game so far all the way until the end but unless we can start getting to the QB our CBs are toast all year.

Brett Fav-ra is gonna fucking destroy our defense. I think we lose by 3 tds next week.

We need a FB so we can start running Mcclain again. And where in the hell was willis yesterday?

Not to take anything away from the bungles but god damn thats a game we expect to win and need to win. Im not calling this season over just yet because we have been in every game so far all the way until the end but unless we can start getting to the QB our CBs are toast all year.

Brett Fav-ra is gonna fucking destroy our defense. I think we lose by 3 tds next week.

Well, I disagree with the FB thing. I like McClain as our FB, because he's a solid blocker and can still drop out for a pass or hand-off.

As for where were Willis and McClain? Not sure. I think the offensive play-calling was all over the place. There were times we were super conservative. There were times we were far too aggressive. It didn't seem like our players knew the gameplan very well - they just looked disjointed. And as well as Oher and Yanda played, they both missed some assignments that cost us.

Meanwhile, the Bengals looked like they knew what was coming every damn play. And credit to them. Maybe we were just that predictable.

I really don't think it's about personnel... at least not offensively. But it is certainly about making good play-calls and executing them.