ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So It Was All Shits & Giggles

vmax

2 weeks ago the Ravens were 2 games up on the Steelers and 1 up on the Bengals.

They were #1 in some of the national power polls and now it's all shits and giggles.

They are now in the same bed as the Steelers looking up at the Bengals who have 3 divisional wins already.

They went from a great start with things falling favorably in place for them to 'can't handle success and stay focused'.

The Offense will rebound but that D...they are unrecognizable.

Right now I'm pissed off. Soon that will wane to just disappointment.

But what a wasted opportunity to win the division and make the playoffs...and yes...I know there's a lot of football to be played and it's the NFL where anything can happen...but...shit!

Hate to say this... reminiscent of 2007.

Many people forget... 2006, Billick's 2nd to last season, we were on fire and went 13-3. 2007, we started 4-2 and looked pretty good, actually. We were far from perfect, but 4-2 is 4-2. And then we fell apart and lost 9 straight and finished 5-11.

This team has always had a problem maintaining success from one year to another... and always had a problem really adjusting in-season.

I think the Steelers are gonna be the team to beat as son as polamalo gets back and their not playing great right now. While the AFC north is usually a powerhouse it doesn't seem that way now. I mean if the Bengles are leading something is terribly wrong. Is it the end of the feared and revered afc north dynasty? It must be.

The Bengals are not awful. It wasn't long ago they were a very solid team and Palmer was leading them in the playoffs...

I think this division has 3 very, very good teams ... all three probably better than most AFC teams, short of the Pats, Colts, Broncos... maybe the Jets? Who else do we fear in the AFC? Titans? Hardly. Dolphins? Not this year. Jags, Texans, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers?

The Bengals are not awful.

No they're not. Last season they sucked donkey balls. This season they have a defense. As you Ravens fans well know that makes all the difference.

Well, I also meant it that despite your historic reputation... you've had plenty of success in recent years, as many ups as downs.

Really? Aside from the 2005 season there hasn't been jack shit.

03 to 07 you were competitive at least, lots of 8-8 with the 11-5. Again, not stellar... but by no means historically awful.

Competitive blows. Making the playoffs is where it's at.

Fine. You're right. You all sucked for the last two decades. Congrats, I admitted it.

Meanwhile, you continue to suck and will come back to earth. Low ranking offenses and low ranking defenses and teams that can't even employ passable long snappers stand no chance in the long-run. Big failures await. Minus three questionable calls and one questionable non-call, your team loses a game that shouldn't have even been close - just like in Cleveland the week before. Feel oh so proud about it.

Fine. You're right. You all sucked for the last two decades. Congrats, I admitted it.

Meanwhile, you continue to suck and will come back to earth. Low ranking offenses and low ranking defenses and teams that can't even employ passable long snappers stand no chance in the long-run. Big failures await. Minus three questionable calls and one questionable non-call, your team loses a game that shouldn't have even been close - just like in Cleveland the week before. Feel oh so proud about it.

Don't sugar coat it. tell it like it is.

Cincinnati sucks? Where does that leave Baltimore after today?

He'll spend the money. Your right their are lots of owners with money but how many are willing to part with it. IE. Angelos and the Orioles

Oh I am sure more than a few will spend whatever they think it takes to win. I guess some people would like the idea of 10 good teams with tons of cash and 20 farm teams, but I am not one of them. Even if my team is one of the big spenders. It will hurt the leagues.

Unlike other sports leagues, I think the NFL knows this so I dont see the cap going anywhere.

Also Bisciotti and most of the other owners made their money by being smart businessmen. If they had lose money to field a winning football team, how many of them do you think would be quick to do that?

Oh I am sure more than a few will spend whatever they think it takes to win. I guess some people would like the idea of 10 good teams with tons of cash and 20 farm teams, but I am not one of them. Even if my team is one of the big spenders. It will hurt the leagues.

Unlike other sports leagues, I think the NFL knows this so I dont see the cap going anywhere.

I agree with you. And we'll see what the owners want. And is Ozzie really able to deal with the salary cap. I mean is he making moves that will make the team great with the salary cap restrictions? .IE salarys,contracts,free agents Sometimes I wonder?

I agree with you. And we'll see what the owners want. And is Ozzie really able to deal with the salary cap. I mean is he making moves that will make the team great with the salary cap restrictions? .IE salarys,contracts,free agents Sometimes I wonder?

Overall I think Ozzie is doing and has done a fine job. Sure there have been some misses, but all GMs have those. The Ravens have been competitive for most of the last 10 years, and have done so without a franchise QB. There have been frustrating parts to this season, but its not over yet. Even with some glaring problems the Ravens barely lost the last couple of games.

Going to be a tough game next week though.

I mean, I was trying to give you credit and you didn't want it. Make up your mind.

The first part of your post, you attempted to give credit. The second part you started talking the same old "The Bungals Suck" shit and I called you on it. Wake up.

Anyone who thought that we weren't incredibly shallow and vulnerable in the secondary coming into this season was delusional.

Our undersized and undertalented CBs generate a ton of penalties because they can't adequately cover their guys.

And letting Leonard go was a mistake.

edit: forgot to specify the secondary, oops

I really miss Leonard as well... but he was actually very undersized as well. As confused as Landry has looked at times, while Leonard may have been more on the mental game, he would have been just as outmatched as Fox and Fab, etc...