ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So It Was All Shits & Giggles

vmax

No. The first post (actually several) in its entirety was trying to give you credit.

Then I dropped the niceties. You didn't call me on anything. I was purposefully being an ass - and meant it. :)

That's what I was looking for. Keep it up!

LOL...man has this thread gotten off track or what? Next week is big. Not do or die but big. Most of us had the same reaction when the Ravens were number one on the power rankings..."Whaaaaa?"

I think we knew this team wasn't the best team in the league, but I think we all hoped our secondary would make adjustments by now to get the defense back to where it's been the last few years. If they can make the adjustments - great! If they can't make the adjustments - we'll be in a good position to draft a CB in the first round!

Hey at least we can't do any worse against Pittsburgh this year.

Because of drops, the Bengals left 3 scores on the field. Factor in their turnovers and this game was a blowout.

The score did not describe the beatdown.

The Ravens have serious problems.

To salvage this season, the Offense will have to be a high powered, high scoring offense because the D can't rush the passer and the secondary can't cover. It's too late this year to find and replace corners. The Ravens can't hide it. They have been exposed.

Or maybe the offense can just stay on the field for more than 20 minutes... and then the D won't have to be on the field... and we can let them rest, etc etc...

As bad as the D was, they were not alone in their ineptitude. Just like in years past, they need some kind of support.

Because of drops, the Bengals left 3 scores on the field. Factor in their turnovers and this game was a blowout.

The score did not describe the beatdown.

The Ravens have serious problems.

To salvage this season, the Offense will have to be a high powered, high scoring offense because the D can't rush the passer and the secondary can't cover. It's too late this year to find and replace corners. The Ravens can't hide it. They have been exposed.

VMax,

BINGO !!! We should have seen it last year in the beatdowns against Pittsburgh and the Colts.

We failed to address and missed the boat on corners in the draft. The year's not over but we need to retool our D with some stealth pass rushers and CBs/safeties in the offseason.

In the meantime, we can all squirm in our seats watching the our secondary struggle the rest of the season.

The defense wasnt good, and the weak secondary is here to stay this season. I dont see how they can fix it mid-season. If they cannot get to the QB quickly, its not going to be pretty. Having said that, for whatever the reasons, the defense held the Bengals to 17 points and scored a TD.

So to me at least, I blame the offense much more. You cannot put up 7 points and expect to win.