ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rounds 2-3 Friday Night NFL Draft

thundercleetz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this pick.....Lets go back to 4-3... Gregg/Cody, Ngata, Suggs and JJ/pryce.

We don't need to... we just drafted a nose tackle and a rush linebacker. Gooden/Ellerbe in the middle next to Ray, Kindle/Barnes and Suggs on the outside, Redding/Pryce and Ngata at DE, and Gregg/Cody in the middle. Now we just need corners.

A player Cody does not resemble is Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh. In the Big 12 championship game Suh flung Texas quarterback Colt McCoy around like a rag doll and sacked him 4.5 times, which is four more sacks than Cody has in his Alabama career. Suh had 12 tackles that game. Cody registered 11 unassisted tackles this season.

If Suh is a wrecking ball on defense then Cody is a brick wall. Or a mammoth sponge. He doesn't shed blockers so much as he absorbs them. That allows players such as Butkus Award-winning linebacker Rolando McClain and cornerback Javier Arenas to fly around the field.

"I'm not selfish. I'm giving other players the opportunity to make plays. That's pretty much what our defense is all based on," Cody said.

Cody is also one of the biggest reasons it's next to impossible to run effectively against Alabama. Opponents averaged only 77.9 rushing yards a game this season and scored only three touchdowns on the ground after Virginia Tech got a pair in the season-opener. Since Cody has been playing for Alabama no opposing runner has posted a 100-yard game.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/mount-cody-is-a-big-real-big-part-164580.html

Sorry to see Tate go, but we already got two of my dream pickups and still have one pick to go. Lots of great guys still on the board.

Everson Griffin, Jordan Shipley, Riley Cooper, Donovan Warren, LaFell, Damian Williams...

TE's like Dickson and Hernandez...

Other guys like Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell, Brandon Spikes, Ducasse...

He's an NFL-type nose tackle," Luigs said.

No, Cody is a Cincinnati-type nose tackle. As in, as big as the Queen City.

Look at Cody and it's hard to imagine anything broken about him. But the public can't see his heart. When Cody was 11, his father, Terrence Sr., was on his way to church when he was killed in an auto accident.

"It was real tough for me," Cody said. "It took like two or three years for me to get over it, but I had to toughen up."

You can understand, then, why a kid might have weight problems. Few of us can comprehend the loss of a father.

Now try to imagine "Mount" Cody at Michigan or maybe USC. You can't. He doesn't fit their profile, a product of Ft. Myers, Fla., from Gulf Coast Community College. In Tuscaloosa he is a budding legend. Miami recruited him but the kid stayed true to the Tide. To get on the field, he had to slim down from 400, which was 20 pounds less than his lifetime max of 420. Cody might have been internalizing his emotions -- along with a lot of pizzas.

"It was hard," Cody said. "I had to push myself. I had to turn away a lot of junk food." Cody's weight has limited him as much as it has helped him in football. He wasn't allowed to play youth football because he was so big. Academics kept him out of a couple of years of high school ball. When he did get to play, there was a Cody Rule. One day in a high school practice, he tackled -- make that engulfed -- a 150-pound running back. All that could be seen was the kid's foot sticking out.

From then on, Cody was coached up like your average trout fisherman. He was told to catch and release.

In a high school game, Cody tackled Noel Devine (now at West Virginia). Devine vomited on the sideline.

"It was from the hit," Cody said proudly.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/10994920

Guest BallTMore
Is that the dude the Ravens drafted? His boobs are bigger than mine!

Prove i... I mean. Yeah. That's who the Ravens drafted.

Ozzie Newsome said, "F your running game!"