ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens still had 1,000 yard rusher

TBird

Forsett had about 600+ yards when he was injured.

Enter Allen who had 500+ yards to finish the year.

Once again Ravens have a 1,000 yard rusher. Ravens lose Byner and get Jamal, Ravens

lose Jamal and get Rice. Ravens lose Rice and get Forsett. Ravens lose Forsett and bring

up Allen.

That's called great continuity and stability at the RB but even with another 1100 yard rusher

Trestman passed like crazy and set new team records for passing attempts and completions.

I wouldn't mind Ron Staley at LT from the draft. Just think of all those holes on the left side

with him and Jensen blocking.

Ray Berry said Unitas was getting killed from the left side so they drafted Jim Parker and he

said we never heard from that side again. Parker is HOFer.

Same could be true of Staley, 2d best LT in draft but only if KO is gone.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/ravens

Here's the top rushers for 2015.

Top 2 guys had 1400 yards each or a little more

Gurley was next with 1100

The Ravens RB position is next with 1100 between two RBs, after the starter

went down who gained 1100 yds last year. The position still got 1100 from

the starter and backup when promoted to starter.

The next two teams Dallas And Jets had 1,000 yards.

Im just saying we had an 1100 yard rusher even after losing our starter and forget stats.

Ravens had a bad season because of all the injuries to starters.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player?seasonId=2015&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

What play action?

I forgot to mention West who had about 200 yards. The Ravens are

impressed by him and when Forsett retires, Allen and West will be the

two work horses along with Talley who were was injured too.

I'm just saying any time you get over 1,000 yards after your star goes down

is pretty impressive. Look at all the teams that didn't. Of course, Ravens

have a good line and are great at run blocking especially on the right side

with Yanda and Wagner but that's part of it - part of the continuity after your

star RB goes down. Everyone pulls their weight.

Just saw this story on Allen. He made most of his rookie season. He had another

350 yards receiving and 2 TDs. He was 3rd receiver on the team behind Aiken

and SR. Some think he was drafted more for his receiving than running but he

stepped up big with over 800 yards in 6 games starting.

Not bad. That's all I'm saying.

Throw in WEst's 200 yards and the position had 1300 yards, more than Gurley's

1100 yards who was top RB in last year's draft.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Buck-Allen-Made-The-Best-Of-His-Rookie-Opportunities/df20ffaa-08fd-4b64-bb53-01ba95f5db2a

I agree with papa, not impressed. After 2014 with Kubiak, it's hard to find any positives in the run game. Last year was a regression to 2013. I do like our talent with Allen and West. Need to get back to 2014 level of play so the play action is more effective.

Trestman just missed a team record for most passing attempts ever by the Ravens and still

had over 1300 yards rushing and 350 yds receiving from their RB after their star RB went down.

So to recap:

The league's top 2 RBs had over 1400 yards rushing each.

Ravens RB by committee was next best with 1300 yards:

600 - Forsett

500 - Allen

200 - West

Dallas and Jets were next best.

The Ravens usually have over 1800 yd on the ground. That is when they win games. They ride a running game to the win. When they throw they lose. Look at Joe's w/l record on attempts of under 30 and over 30 a game.

That can be said for any qb, Tom Brady is 16-23 when throwing over 30 times.

Trestman just missed a team record for most passing attempts ever by the Ravens and still

had over 1300 yards rushing and 350 yds receiving from their RB after their star RB went down.

So to recap:

The league's top 2 RBs had over 1400 yards rushing each.

Ravens RB by committee was next best with 1300 yards:

600 - Forsett

500 - Allen

200 - West

Dallas and Jets were next best.

You can try to spin the numbers all you want but the Ravens were 26th in team rushing and had only 8 rushing TDs.

Yes the Ravens were eighth in passing yardage, but we only had 21 passing TDs. Overall, Ravens were 25th in the league in scoring offense. These are the statistics that matter.

Bull shit!!

ILMAO - Someone doesn't even know what trolling is.

I'm the one building a Raven up for having a great rookie season and bailing the team out

after starting off 3rd on the depth chart. I posted a stat and a story about it that promotes him.

I'm not the one acting like a grouchy old man.

Im not the one who posts a huge pic of our QB on every post and calls him a pick machine.

That wouldnt last 5 seconds on the other Ravens boards. So I ignore him. Is there an ignore

button on here?

I'm also not saying the offense was ranked top 10 or 5.

All I am saying is we had a 1,000 yard rusher after our star went down for the year in the 2d

half of the season and the rookie stepped up. Two rookies stepped up with 700 yards between

them plus another 350 yards receiving by Allen giving the Ravens the 3rd best RB. See stat above.

Trolling is knocking the Ravens down on every post. I'm trying to build them up as a real

Ravens fan.

Again, I never said we had the top offense, just a thousand yard rusher after Forsett went down

late in year.

Bull shit!!

ILMAO - Someone doesn't even know what trolling is.

I'm the one building a Raven up for having a great rookie season and bailing the team out

after starting off 3rd on the depth chart. I posted a stat and a story about it that promotes him.

I'm not the one acting like a grouchy old man.

Im not the one who posts a huge pic of our QB on every post and calls him a pick machine.

That wouldnt last 5 seconds on the other Ravens boards. So I ignore him. Is there an ignore

button on here?

I'm also not saying the offense was ranked top 10 or 5.

All I am saying is we had a 1,000 yard rusher after our star went down for the year in the 2d

half of the season and the rookie stepped up. Two rookies stepped up with 700 yards between

them plus another 350 yards receiving by Allen giving the Ravens the 3rd best RB. See stat above.

Trolling is knocking the Ravens down on every post. I'm trying to build them up as a real

Ravens fan.

Again, I never said we had the top offense, just a thousand yard rusher after Forsett went down

late in year.

I don't read every thread here, but this is either an obvious troll job out something sadly doesn't know the meaning of "1000 yard rusher". I'm not sure which is the better reason.

I disagree with Papa a lot but I think he believes what he posts and has a logic behind it.

I agree with that and I used to like him til he posted that pic on every post but the point

is again they got 1,000 yds out of the position despite the star RB going down. That was

my point and the story how he contributed as a rookie.

Kiper just said Allen could be the #1 back when Forsett leaves.

Ive played the game at a higher level than most posters here and have followed football

longer and sure know the meaning of a 1,000 yd rusher. Matte became the instant qB

in 65 when Unitas and his back up went down. We all knew he was no QB even though he

led the team to victory after victory til the last game and a blown FG call by the refs kept

us from winning the championship.

Again, No other Ravens board will allow his pic blasting Joe. He's putting our QB down. I got called a troll

on Tony's board for criticizing Joe on the NE pick last year while everyone else

blamed Torry for not taking the ball out of the defender's hands after catching it.

I call it like I see it but I never posted pics like Smurf blasting our players. I asked the

mods to take it down but they won't.

I don't read every thread here, but this is either an obvious troll job out something sadly doesn't know the meaning of "1000 yard rusher". I'm not sure which is the better reason.

I disagree with Papa a lot but I think he believes what he posts and has a logic behind it.

Thank you.

A 1000 yd rusher is not even that special. That is 62.5 yds per game. When you had 12 and 14 games in a season that was a special thing. Now I think 1300 yds is what 1000 used to be.