ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Lewis doesn't think Ravens can repeat

cravnravn

NEW YORK — Are the Baltimore Ravens in position to repeat as champions after winning a Super Bowl during Ray Lewis' final season in the NFL? Unlikely, the retired linebacker said.

"It's going to be very hard, after you lose that much chemistry," Lewis told USA TODAY Sports. "But who knows? It's unpredictable, as always. Hopefully, they try to pull enough together, use their youth and try to make a run. But it's hard to try that formula. That formula usually doesn't work."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/04/25/ray-lewis-doesnt-think-ravens-can-repeat/2113321/

I think that you are coming down on Ray too hard.

It's almost impossible to repeat crav...look at the history of the NFL.

I don't expect a repeat.

Chemistry pulled this team through a brutal run last year...there were a ton of talented great character players. The 23013 Ravens have to find who the next leaders will be....the guys who will set the work ethic and standard.

They lost a lot of that with the departure of Boldin, Pollard, Burke, Ray and Ed.

Ray was great as a rookie but he was no leader. He wasn't 2000 Ray. It takes time for' the youth to become the savy vet'.

Now this team still has a ton of great character players in Suggs, Rice, Flacco, Tory Smith, Yanda, Ngata, Webb, Jones...and my main man Tucker...:)

How well will Dumerville, Elam, Brown, Huff, Canty, Spears...all the new draft picks fit in? Will they be important parts of the Ravens team chemistry?

I think they will.

You can have a lot of great players but if everybody is going their own way then you don't have a team.

Right now there are teams who are building momentum and on the cusp of getting where the Ravens are. Only one will have that little extra "oomph" to end up the Super Bowl winner.

How many years did Ray play? How many different Ravens rosters was he on and how many Super Bowls did he win with those rosters?

There were a lot of damn good rosters.

So I'm where Ray's at..."But who knows? It's unpredictable, as always"

Edited by vmax

We won't repeat this year but we will be a very good team that may make the playoffs. We may surprise a lot of people too---including myself.

Our D looks to be better this year than last year's version.

Anybody know how we're going to replace Boldin and get a LT?

Anybody know how we're going to replace Boldin and get a LT?

It doesn't look like that will happen.

Maybe an Act of God makes this a breakout year for Harewood. McKinnie might be back. Jah Reid....maybe?????

bs-funny-signs-texting-brett-favre.jpg

I just don't have any confidence in Harewood or Reid. They need to protect Joe's blind side and I don't think they have anybody on the roster that can do that consistently. McKinnie's price may have to be met.

I just don't have any confidence in Harewood or Reid. They need to protect Joe's blind side and I don't think they have anybody on the roster that can do that consistently. McKinnie's price may have to be met.

NO, No, we have McKinnie by the short hairs now, nobody beat his door down.