ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Looking ahead

vmax

If you care to research a bit, you'll see many of the preseason pundits had the Bengals at 2-5 at this point in the season with big losses against both the Steelers and the Ravens. Didn't happen, and even I didn't see it coming. I didn't see Ocho reinventing himself. I didn't see Cedric Benson becoming one of the leagues top RBs, (currently he sits at #1). I didn't see Carson Palmer finding his former groove, and crafting long drives to win games late. (I probably don't need to tell you about that last one. You've seen it enough for yourself I'm sure.)

IMO the Cincinnati Bengals aren't done surprising, and there's a big one waiting for you on November 8th at Paul Brown Stadium, but by that time Baltimore will likely sit a 3-4 after undefeated Denver has their way with the Ravens.

You just lost to the Texans last week. The Bengals, IMO, are just as inconsistent as us. Yes, you beat us, but it took a last minute drive and that was our worst performance of the season. Look at the Bengals wins, they have all been last second wins, as have our loses. What this tells me is that there is a lot of season still to be played. If we are going to be in every game, I like our chances.

Look at the Bengals wins, they have all been last second wins

How does a 30+ point win against Chicago get considered a last second win? That game was wrapped up in the 1st quarter. The Bengals were up on Green Bay by 10 in the 4th quarter, and a late FG by the Packers drew that game to within 7 points, so your statement of "all" isn't really valid.

How does a 30+ point win against Chicago get considered a last second win? That game was wrapped up in the 1st quarter. The Bengals were up on Green Bay by 10 in the 4th quarter, and a late FG by the Packers drew that game to within 7 points, so your statement of "all" isn't really valid.

You are right, solid win against the Bears, not taking anthing away from that. The Bengals nearly blew the Packers game just like the Vikings nearly blew the game against us, so yes, that was a close game. All I am saying is that when you live and die by close games, you are going to end up losing as many as you win. In other words, the Bengals are hardly in another tier than the Ravens, both teams have been competitive in every game.

You are right, solid win against the Bears, not taking anthing away from that. The Bengals nearly blew the Packers game just like the Vikings nearly blew the game against us, so yes, that was a close game. All I am saying is that when you live and die by close games, you are going to end up losing as many as you win. In other words, the Bengals are hardly in another tier than the Ravens, both teams have been competitive in every game.

I do have to throw some props out to your team today. I really didn't see them OVERWHELMING the Broncos. Congrats.

If you care to research a bit, you'll see many of the preseason pundits had the Bengals at 2-5 at this point in the season with big losses against both the Steelers and the Ravens. Didn't happen, and even I didn't see it coming. I didn't see Ocho reinventing himself. I didn't see Cedric Benson becoming one of the leagues top RBs, (currently he sits at #1). I didn't see Carson Palmer finding his former groove, and crafting long drives to win games late. (I probably don't need to tell you about that last one. You've seen it enough for yourself I'm sure.)

IMO the Cincinnati Bengals aren't done surprising, and there's a big one waiting for you on November 8th at Paul Brown Stadium, but by that time Baltimore will likely sit a 3-4 after undefeated Denver has their way with the Ravens.

I'm sorry Billy, but I'm failing to see how the pundits predictions of 2-5 have anything to do with what I said. I actually predicted the Bengals to have a comeback season, as the media really failed to realize that losing Carson basically lost the season for you guys. As some people have said, you've been escaping with close wins often. I'm not impressed with the Bears win, I live in Chicago and the Bears are flat out terrible, look for the rest of the AFC North to dominate them as well. I simply believe you guys will drop a few more along the way. Saying you won't keep it up doesn't mean you will suck, but I don't see you having anything better then a 10-6 year.

I'm sorry Billy, but I'm failing to see how the pundits predictions of 2-5 have anything to do with what I said. I actually predicted the Bengals to have a comeback season, as the media really failed to realize that losing Carson basically lost the season for you guys. As some people have said, you've been escaping with close wins often. I'm not impressed with the Bears win, I live in Chicago and the Bears are flat out terrible, look for the rest of the AFC North to dominate them as well. I simply believe you guys will drop a few more along the way. Saying you won't keep it up doesn't mean you will suck, but I don't see you having anything better then a 10-6 year.

We shall see who goes 10-6, and who doesn't!

Well you can forget about 14-2. 10-6 would be pretty damn good considering it would take a 6-3 record down the stretch. Assuming we can beat Cleveland, Detroit and Oakland, we would need to go at least 3-3 against these guys: Colts, Steelers (x2), Bengals, Packers, Bears.

Well you can forget about 14-2. 10-6 would be pretty damn good considering it would take a 6-3 record down the stretch. Assuming we can beat Cleveland, Detroit and Oakland, we would need to go at least 3-3 against these guys: Colts, Steelers (x2), Bengals, Packers, Bears.

I think you can put the wins against the Packers and the Bears on the board honestly, neither of those teams is any good in my opinion. I think we drop the Colts and Bengals games, and split the home and away with Pissburgh. Hopefully 10-6 gets us into the playoffs...