ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Marshal Yanda recovering from shoulder surgery

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/marshal-yanda-recovering-from-shoulder-surgery/

The Ravens have two more days of minicamp this week, but guard Marshal Yanda won’t be taking part in the practices.

That was the word from coach John Harbaugh on Tuesday. Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Yanda underwent shoulder surgery and Harbaugh said that the team is targeting training camp for Yanda’s return to full activity, although he left open the possibility that it might not happen on the first day of camp.

“We expect him back by camp to some degree,” Harbaugh said. “Marshal Yanda has done a great job with the rehab. He’s right on schedule, probably ahead of schedule.”

Injuries have been a constant in Yanda’s side during his career, although they haven’t stopped him from playing at a high level. Yanda dealt with the shoulder injury last season as well as an ankle issue and wound up missing two regular season games. Yanda still played well enough to earn a Pro Bowl nod that he turned down after the Ravens advanced to the Super Bowl and we’d expect another strong season in 2013 despite the need for an operation.

Makes me wonder what kind of a job the media is doing that we just learned this.

Or maybe the Ravens kept a tight lid on it---but for what reason I don't know.

They did a good job keeping Ed Reed's injury secret too.

Preston wrote an article about how many nasty tuff players the Ravens lost after Leach's departure and how this might impact them.

Yanda is one mean nasty player. Others that I see still left on the roster are Osemelee, Oher, Suggs, Ngata,.. I think Jimmy Smith and Elam will join those ranks. Probably Brandon Williams, Upshaw and McPhee. Oh...and Arthur Jones...he can knock out anybody.

The point is the Ravens have to replace players who helped name them "The Baltimore Bullies".

We are stepping into a new era.