ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What's your Keys to a Ravens Win Sunday?

vmax

I put up a thread 'No Pressure No Win' and read some of you say stopping Benson would be a key so I thought it would be fun to hear your thoughts on what you think would be 3-5 Keys to a Ravens Victory.

We've got some great minds here....we've got brains...

bjung04.jpg

Let's try using them and we might create a weekly thread called "ExtremeRavens Keys to the Game."

1. Post 3-5 of your Keys to the Game

2. Then we'll narrow it down on Friday Night or Saturday morning or last minute like the way we deal with all our life responsibilities... :) ..

...narrow it down to the "Consensus of The Board of ExtremeRavens"

3. Check it after the game to see if we nailed it.

For me this is more worthwhile than predicting a score.

I'll start with a general Key:

Execute better than the Bengals by winning the one on one matchups.

Edited by vmax

#1 reason is pressure thats a no brainer, give Palmer time and he'll do the exact same thing he did at the ATM.

#2 Win the turnover battle, it usually means you win the game.

#3 Score early, get the crowd out of the game, unbelieleable there are still 5000 tickets left for this match-up, the face a blackout if not sold by this afternoon.

#4 Pound the rock late, good ole Ravens Football, have a 2 score lead into the 4th quarter and then pound Ray, McClain and Willis..Control the clock, pound the rock!!!!

Edited by cravnravn

Ditto on Cravs comments. I would add one other (though its linked to 1)-

5. Our secondary must shut down the Cincy receiving corps. They must stay glued to Ocho, Coles, Caldwell and Henry for 60 minutes. No letup !

Oh and No 6. Have to avoid the dumb game/momentum changing penalties -roughing passer, late hits, pass interference, etc.

7. Controlling the clock. Its simple if we continually put together 10-15 play drives that chew up 6,7 or 8 minutes on the clock and that end with a score, this will keep Cinci off the field and the D fresh, then we will win this game. Pure and Simple.

The turnover battle is huge. Look at the Ravens stats...

63--3.. The Ravens record dating back to 2000 when they post a +1 or better turnover ratio. Baltimore is also 47-0 at +2 or better dating back to the 2000 campaign.
Edited by vmax

We simply need to win the mental and the coaching battle.

The running games is when you look at the stats similar, Ravens with the edge though better yds/rush both O and D, and more versatile.

The passinggame, we should be the better team in every aspect, they have great recievers, still in all their other games they have been fare from impressive, their is a reason why they are ranked average at best. Their pass D is like always, a joke.

I have a question. How was it possible for the bungles to have their best passing game both O and D against us? their previous opponents has not excactly been the best teams, except for the Steelers, even Tex and the Browns did better us. We had only 175 passing yds, their best performence all year. And their 261 passing yds was only second to their GB match.

From football outsiders.

The Bengals have the best offensive DVOA in the league in the first quarter, but rank just 16th in the league after that.

Cincinnati has the worst pass defense in the league this year against slot receivers. In past years, that would not have been a problem because Baltimore threw to a slot receiver maybe once a game. But this year, Kelley Washington has 24 catches for 325 yards as Baltimore's slot receiver, so this could be a big problem for Cincinnati.

We simply need to win the mental and the coaching battle.

The running games is when you look at the stats similar, Ravens with the edge though better yds/rush both O and D, and more versatile.

The passinggame, we should be the better team in every aspect, they have great recievers, still in all their other games they have been fare from impressive, their is a reason why they are ranked average at best. Their pass D is like always, a joke.

I have a question. How was it possible for the bungles to have their best passing game both O and D against us? their previous opponents has not excactly been the best teams, except for the Steelers, even Tex and the Browns did better us. We had only 175 passing yds, their best performence all year. And their 261 passing yds was only second to their GB match.

Obviously a flaw in your skewed evaluation.

I have a question. How was it possible for the bungles to have their best passing game both O and D against us?

I have an answer. Cincinnati plays the ratbirds twice a year. We know your schtick.

Hahahaha. I know you're man enough to come back on Monday morning, but I absolutely can't wait for it.

C'mon Force...either way I'll be here. bengal.gif

So what are your thoughts on this Marvin?...

...but when you come out there on Sunday the team that executes, runs and tackles and takes care of the football will win the football game."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/11/bengals_not_worried_about_being_dogs_against_ravens.html

So what are your thoughts on this Marvin?...

We were underdogs in the 1st game, and now we're again the underdogs in the second game. Nothing I'm not used to.