ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Chris McAllister Saints Signing Info

SaintManJ83

Ravens fans how much do you think Chris McAllister has to offer at this point in his career. We don't necessarilly need him as a full-time starter but part-time until we get our normal starters healthy. In your estimate how did he play in the games he played last year before injury and what should I expect now that he is supposedly fully healed from his knee surgery. Fill me in if you can and give me the 411 as to where you expect Chris is as a player now, I know he was a baller when healthy.

Cmac will really like Bourbon St. They will let him walk around drinking as much as he likes. I hope the org is making sure he will have cabs on demand because I bet he will need them. Is Tom Benson paying money or did they work out a deal that he is paid in booze?

I not sure how Sean Peyton will get along with Chris. Cmac isn't real into crackers or maybe it was just that cracker Harbaugh.

I hear his knee is 70%...he might be able to play safety.

I don't know how true it is but from what we are hearing down here he could have signed with someone at the beginning of the year but chose not to because he wanted to be fully healthy before he returned. We are hearing he was a full-go 3 weeks ago and was cleared by his doctor to play. He is here to play corner so what would you think he would give us. Did you have a problem with his play the last few years when he wasn't injured. Do you think he is done as a player or is he a player that might have some juice kinda how the Saints got in signing Darren Sharper at FS though of course Chris is in New Orleans to play corner.

Chris was getting beat regularly and had a drinking problem along with his injuries toward the end of nhis time here. You have to hope he woke up and misses the game and wants to prove himself so he can get a 2-3 year contract next year.

Even if he makes this change then there's the 70% McAlister factor...you can't play corner a step slow and unable to turn because of your hips.

I doubt the Sharper analogy but ...hey!...you D only has to not give up more than 30 points...:)

Hey SaintsMan! I am a Ravens fan that goes to Tulane down here in New Orleans, I will try and fill you in on C-mac. The truth is, no one knows how well Cmac's knee is. Before his knee injury, he was, in my opinion, still one of the better corners in the league. Still had his speed, and of course, his physicality. Then he hurt his knee and tried to play through it. The next week got absolutely burned in the Colts game last year and he has not played in an NFL game since. If Cmac's knee is fully healed, he should be a very good pickup for you guys. I have heard speculation that his knee is not healed completely, but I am certain your training staff put him through extensive tests before signing him. They must feel he can contribute in some way.

As for the comments about Cmac having personal problems. I am not sure how true the drinking rumors are, but focus on the football field has always been a big problem for Cmac. These guys that are joking Cmac will be distracted in New Orleans probably have never been here outside of Mardi Gras. Like I am sure you know, while it is a festive city, there is trouble to be found in every city. I do not think Cmac will be a problem in that sense. It all depends on his knee.

Hey SaintsMan! I am a Ravens fan that goes to Tulane down here in New Orleans, I will try and fill you in on C-mac. The truth is, no one knows how well Cmac's knee is. Before his knee injury, he was, in my opinion, still one of the better corners in the league. Still had his speed, and of course, his physicality. Then he hurt his knee and tried to play through it. The next week got absolutely burned in the Colts game last year and he has not played in an NFL game since. If Cmac's knee is fully healed, he should be a very good pickup for you guys. I have heard speculation that his knee is not healed completely, but I am certain your training staff put him through extensive tests before signing him. They must feel he can contribute in some way.

As for the comments about Cmac having personal problems. I am not sure how true the drinking rumors are, but focus on the football field has always been a big problem for Cmac. These guys that are joking Cmac will be distracted in New Orleans probably have never been here outside of Mardi Gras. Like I am sure you know, while it is a festive city, there is trouble to be found in every city. I do not think Cmac will be a problem in that sense. It all depends on his knee.

Thanks for your input man, I am just trying to get a good feel for what we may be getting. My hope is that he has one more burst of outstanding play for our regular season of 7 games left and througout the playoffs as depth, because if our strting corners are healthy we'll be fine. I am just hoping he can give us some good spot play in the mean time in between time. Once again thanks!

Great player in his prime. If the knee is healed and his head is on straight then you have done well. The only problem is every QB knows that he will bite on double moves and pump fakes. If you are facing a few savy QBs the rest of the way then good luck with that.

Then he hurt his knee and tried to play through it. The next week got absolutely burned in the Colts game last year and he has not played in an NFL game since.

I tried to block that game from my memory cleetz, thanx. God, I remember clear as day now Marvin harrison running right past a hobbled, short strided Cmac for a long TD. Then on the next goal line series, harrison fakes outside, then goes inside for the easiest TD i have ever seen. Cmac looked like frank walker on that play. That is when i knew Cmac was no longer a force in this league. I mean he was running 80% AT BEST in that game. Hope that knee healed.

Oh and about the off field issues. My friend used to be a bar-back for the Ritz cabaret on broadway street. He said CMac was always in there coked out of his skull. Of course people can change and I hope cmac has otherwise what a waste of talent.

Little more of an update....

“It was a bitter divorce in Baltimore, the way I was no longer a part of the club and for my first time in 10 years, didn’t have any place to call home,” McAlister said. “The offseason took on a new life for me. There was a transition period for me to figure out exactly if I’m going to come back and play football or am I not.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/11/19/sports/3_mcalister_saints.txt

OK...does McAlister go into the Ravens Ring of Honor?