ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Harbs Calls out Dickson

OutsideRzAcE

Harbs typically shields players and coaches from criticism in the media so the fact that he is actually calling out Dickson at a press conference is big. This is way past due and I think he's striking the right tone. Being patient with him hasn't done anything for us - it's time to push some buttons.

"That’s a long time ago, so I’m hard pressed to make that direct comparison," Harbaugh said of Dickson's 2011 season. "The stats kind of speak for themselves as you’re alluding to. He’s not the same player right now than he was then obviously. Ed just needs to go catch the ball. Make it easy: Run fast, get open and catch the football, put it away and get upfield.

"That’s all he needs to do. And if he’s thinking about anything besides that, he’s doing himself a disservice. And if he’s lacking confidence for some reason, that’s on him. When you have that kind of talent, those kinds of gifts, go play ball, go show everybody what you’re capable of doing. That’s what I expect to see from Ed.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-says-ed-dickson-isnt-the-same-player-that-he-was-two-years-ago-20130930,0,3472079.story

• Upvote 1

Dickson has lost all confidence....which is a career ender in the NFL.

BUT!>>>>>>> :fishin: .........As the Patron Saint of Lost Causes!.... I will support Ed Dickson! He will over come this and shine. He will be a young American success story of one man overcoming adversity and public scorn...to rise from the ashes and leap into our hearts and minds forever! :gorave:

Go figure. I'll tell you what the Ravens need to do - amp up for snagging upcoming FA & my fantasy TE - Jimmy Graham in 2014.

Wishful thinking ? Perhaps but we need some "playas" on offense- some big athletic receivers who can actually catch the damn ball and get YAK.

I am sick ands tired of hearing about AJ Green, this Leaveland TE, megatron, etc.

The FO needs to get its damn megatron or we will be looking up the Leaveland and Cincinnatti's of the world.

I don't think the Ravens will keep both Suggs and Ngata. I kind of think they're going to let Ngata walk. He really hasn't been playing up to his early years level this past year and this year. I know in the past couple seasons he's been hampered by injuries but he's supposed to be healthy this year and I haven't seen him dominating.

I don't think the Ravens will keep both Suggs and Ngata. I kind of think they're going to let Ngata walk. He really hasn't been playing up to his early years level this past year and this year. I know in the past couple seasons he's been hampered by injuries but he's supposed to be healthy this year and I haven't seen him dominating.

Did you bump your head 82 ?......he played hurt all last yr and we won a SB.......Suggs will go before Haloti, and no one is playing lights out on that line this yr.....Good but not great, yet !!

SB Champs ....Just Win Baby !!!!

Did you bump your head 82 ?......he played hurt all last yr and we won a SB.......Suggs will go before Haloti, and no one is playing lights out on that line this yr.....Good but not great, yet !!

SB Champs ....Just Win Baby !!!!

Sorry but i'm with 82. I never bought all the Ngata hype. A big play here and a big play there, but he doesn't dominate consistently or make others around him better. Suggs does. Personally I think Rice is going to be shopped. How many teams do you see with big QB AND RB contracts?

Sorry but i'm with 82. I never bought all the Ngata hype. A big play here and a big play there, but he doesn't dominate consistently or make others around him better. Suggs does. Personally I think Rice is going to be shopped. How many teams do you see with big QB AND RB contracts?

Well that makes 2 of you in the whole state and media/pros.....He's recognized by most pros as the best Dline man in the league, but you think he's too inconsistent ????.....Totally disagree..... but you might be right about RR if Pierce can get back to form from his injury, right now he's not doing well enough to take RR's job....

Well that makes 2 of you in the whole state and media/pros.....He's recognized by most pros as the best Dline man in the league, but you think he's too inconsistent ????.....Totally disagree..... but you might be right about RR if Pierce can get back to form from his injury, right now he's not doing well enough to take RR's job....

I doubt most pros view Ngata as the best Dlineman in the league. Not with Watt and Wilfork out there. Also I don't think we're the only two people who think he was overrated when you consider he went from top 10 in the NFL Network's top 100 in 2012 to #42 this past year. He's good but he doesn't impact or control a game like the best Dlineman in the league do. I still remember that AFC playoff game against NE 2 years ago...Wilfork was a terror all game and almost highhandedly won them that game. Ngata will have a big hit or a big play and then disappear for the rest of the game.

I doubt most pros view Ngata as the best Dlineman in the league. Not with Watt and Wilfork out there. Also I don't think we're the only two people who think he was overrated when you consider he went from top 10 in the NFL Network's top 100 in 2012 to #42 this past year. He's good but he doesn't impact or control a game like the best Dlineman in the league do. I still remember that AFC playoff game against NE 2 years ago...Wilfork was a terror all game and almost highhandedly won them that game. Ngata will have a big hit or a big play and then disappear for the rest of the game.

Ngata's play has dropped off. He's an $11 million cap hit but not playing up to that. I hope he turns it around. He's another one that doesn't seem to have the fire lately.

You are the only 2 I have encountered, and by your own comparison to Wilfork, who is one of the best in the league, you admit that Ngata is also....Watt is a freak, everyone starts behind him, including Bloodline...

Ngata....4 time pro bowler and SB champ....Good enough for me !!!!

You are the only 2 I have encountered, and by your own comparison to Wilfork, who is one of the best in the league, you admit that Ngata is also....Watt is a freak, everyone starts behind him, including Bloodline...

Ngata's cap figure for 2014 is $16 million. He's not been playing anywhere near that value.

Ngata's cap figure for 2014 is $16 million. He's not been playing anywhere near that value.

In your estimation, maybe not....But obviously to Ozzie he is....Webb is the one who hasn't produced because he keeps getting injured and is collecting that huge contract.....He may be more valuable to us to trade for picks or players, while getting out from under his 60 mil deal....

Ravens to the house !!!!