ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Effort

varaven45

max, how did Demetrius Williams look on the field. I thought I saw speed at receiver that I had not seen all season. We could sure use him as a deep threat.

He did look good, on the two PI against D-Wil there was actually seperation from D-Wil and the DB..What was missing was the timing, D Wil had to slow down his stride a tad waiting on the ball. And the INT that Flacco tossed in the endzone, If Joe throws that 8 inches taller, hes a hero, caus D-Wil is behind the defender..Fine line between the goat and the hero.

I thought the ball he drew a PI flag on in the endzone was catchable. In fact, I didn't really think it was Pass interference. That's D-Will though....he has proven to be inconsistent catching the ball.

I thought the ball he drew a PI flag on in the endzone was catchable. In fact, I didn't really think it was Pass interference. That's D-Will though....he has proven to be inconsistent catching the ball.

Which PI call in the endzone? Both times Demetrius had his arm held, so it would have required a one handed catch.

max, how did Demetrius Williams look on the field. I thought I saw speed at receiver that I had not seen all season. We could sure use him as a deep threat.

We know he can stretch the field and make plays...he's good. He's a playmaker.

The problem is he's NEVER healthy. Some guys have this problem and they never find out "what they could have been".

IR Clayton and bring up Justin Harper. The guy gets open....eventually he will start catching the ball.

I agree, Clayton needs to get the Travis Taylor contract year treatment: deactivate him and go our separate ways. Another first round bust at receiver, and so disappointing because his 2006 season was so promising! I guess Clayton's 2006 season is comparable to TT's 2002 season. Our well, keep trying, like QB, we are bound to hit on a draft pick sometime. Hopefully Joe is still playing when that happens. :P

As long as there is hope for playoff.. Mason and Clayton will be our starters.

If anything just now I hope for IR Mason, so we would see if Clayton could take over, and at least he is not getting those ridiculos penalties and all those stupid attitude problems and then as the second and third WR ..KW/DW. As for Harper, just dump Tyree.

The draft.. The next two season I would go LB/CB in the first two rounds. probably TE/DE in the 3/4 and OL/DL/FB in the late rounds. We have been ignoring D in the draft since 2000. And I am sick and tired of seeing undrafted rookies doing better than 3-6 rounds draft pick.. recently Edgar Jones, Jameel McClain and Ellerbe.. They have to played more games than Dan Cody,Mike Smith, Burgess, Barnes, Gooden? and now Philips together..

We need a new Sam and a new Mike, and then JJ could be the Will, and Suggs would be our DE. And obviously a 1th CB.

So WR has to be a FA, give him the money and yes finally we also have a decent caproom so now get me Vincent Jackson or Boldin or whatever.. tall and strong with good hands over speed. Not sure I can handle a new 1-3 rd. WR now like TT, Patrick Johnson, Mark Clayton, DvD or Figurs.

Yes I love all those great recievers in the next draft, nice videos, but when they arrive here, please.... Better find me one like Colston in the 7th round or an undrafted rookie.

I agree, Clayton needs to get the Travis Taylor contract year treatment: deactivate him and go our separate ways. Another first round bust at receiver, and so disappointing because his 2006 season was so promising! I guess Clayton's 2006 season is comparable to TT's 2002 season. Our well, keep trying, like QB, we are bound to hit on a draft pick sometime. Hopefully Joe is still playing when that happens. :P

I will say conclusively and unequivocally that without a major WR FA acquistion - Boldin, Breaston, whoever - Flacco will struggle mightily in this organization. Draft picks alone wont make it. Its like the O's pitching staff trying to become stout w/o a leader, a veteran.

Like Rodgers, Favre, Rothlesberger, Flacco has GOT TO HAVE TOYS. Right now, he has broken down (heap), defective (D Will), older (Mase) or never going to make it (Clayton) toys.

Oz and Biscotti - get the toys !

I will say conclusively and unequivocally that without a major WR FA acquistion - Boldin, Breaston, whoever - Flacco will struggle mightily in this organization. Draft picks alone wont make it. Its like the O's pitching staff trying to become stout w/o a leader, a veteran.

Like Rodgers, Favre, Rothlesberger, Flacco has GOT TO HAVE TOYS. Right now, he has broken down (heap), defective (D Will), older (Mase) or never going to make it (Clayton) toys.

Oz and Biscotti - get the toys !

Agreed. and btw cincys 85.. he is FA now, show me the love for Ray.

You have to blame the whole team for this game. Poorly coached, they did nothing at all at the half to change things. Joe looked like a 2nd year QB, have to throw the ball away. As I said before, Willis runs like he doesnt care.

Watching Joe run around for his life and watching the WRs run deeper. Can't stop a slint inside, so throw it and get the other D off the line!

The long bomb by Flacco. From what I saw the Packer's defensive back had his hand on Dwill's chest but did not have his hands tangled up.

You're right, that is the pass that Demetrius himself said he should have caught. Nonetheless, I like the deep speed I saw from Demetrius. He is a guy we need to play the next four weeks to see what he is about.

BTW did anyone read this articleabout Clayton? I found it very interesting - My reaction was that he doesn't care enough to be a great receiver in the league and that he doesn't have the mentality to succeed at the position. Nobody likes a TO who complains to the point of being disruptive if he doesn't get enough opportunities to put up numbers, and I was one of the fans that was uber-annoyed at Mason when he was bitching about not getting enough catches during our 13-3 season, but it seems to me that in order to be successful at the WR position you have to have that desire to want the ball and be the best. Ideally you don't necessarily need to express it like TO or Mason in 2006, but you shouldn't be ok with mediocrity.

Clayton appears to be ok with being average, and that's why you get the numbers you get with him.