ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Effort

varaven45

Oh well, another unispired, listless effort from our .500 team. Pack owned the LOS from the get go.

Pack showed up; we didnt. We woke up at 17-0, thanks to a few TOs.

Cam and Joe took a huge step back tonight and who the hell called the two short kickoffs in a row after we recapture the momentum and trailed by three. That guy needs to be shot !

Joe needs some damn weapons. We have no one that strikes fear into the opposition. Ozzie, get Joe a couple big, strong toys in the offseason before the guy loses his confidence.

Time to rejuvenate the D, too, with some speed, tacklers and guys who actually know how to wrap up cover. Our secondary coach (whoever it is) needs to go.

Preston should have an easy time grading the game !

• Upvote 1

Guest BallTMore
Cam and Joe took a huge step back tonight and who the hell called the two short kickoffs in a row after we recapture the momentum and trailed by three. That guy needs to be shot !

Thought the same thing. Once...okay. Twice? The Packers O was starting to doubt themselves. No need to give them a short field.

Joe needs some damn weapons. We have no one that strikes fear into the opposition. Ozzie, get Joe a couple big, strong toys in the offseason before the guy loses his confidence.

Agree here too. The CBs ran better routes than or WRs. Pathetic.

Joe was bad, the O-line was bad, the receivers were bad.

The secondary was bad, the defense cannot tackle, the coaching was suspect.

The refs are a joke. A bunch of old men who miss easy balls spots and calls and even point the wrong way on a possession call.

They need some serious re-tooling in numerous spots.

Ugh... I am usually the optimist around here, but there is nothing even I can say after that performance. The defense played hard and stopped the run. Once again, Webb showed up and played very well. Ellerbe was a monster in the run game. Foxworth, Carr and Walker were easy targets for Rodgers. Oh well, what can you do. Move on to Detroit. If we finish 9-7, we finish 9-7. Whatever.

Thought the same thing. Once...okay. Twice? The Packers O was starting to doubt themselves. No need to give them a short field.

Agree here too. The CBs ran better routes than or WRs. Pathetic.

Harbs is going to have to shuffle his coaching staff and personnel this offseason.

I am sure changes are a comin !

I'll tell you the positive I saw...

We at least learned what everyone else has learned in many games against us... how to use the officials to our advantage.

Flag happy crew? Throw it deep and let them do all the work. They did. Too bad we frequently couldn't finish ourselves.

Meanwhile... I don't blame Harbs too much. Week to week we are putting enough on the personnel that you have choose... is it a coach or personnel? I think mainly personnel. Though, Harbs has been far from perfect. Gameplans and discipline are lacking and that only points to one man.

The wild card spot was on the line and with that at stake the effort was shitty.

Ho-Hum offensive line slowly walking around and wiffing on assignments.

Receivers unable to get seperation.

Team wide discipline problems...the penalties say meltdown! Poop in pants. I haven't seen such a mess since the Detroit Meltdown. It's a different form of quitting but it's quitting IMO.

The wild card spot was on the line and with that at stake the effort was shitty.

Ho-Hum offensive line slowly walking around and wiffing on assignments.

Receivers unable to get seperation.

Team wide discipline problems...the penalties say meltdown! Poop in pants. I haven't seen such a mess since the Detroit Meltdown. It's a different form of quitting but it's quitting IMO.

Ray Rice, Ladarius Webb, Dwan Edwards, Jarrett Johnson, and Ellerbe. Those seem like the only guys out there playing what used to be known as "Ravens Football": full effort and full speed on every play.

I am losing confidence in Harbaugh as a coach and a motivator. I've been fighting myself all season because it's his first bad year and he deserves some rope, but it's hard to see the same uninspired effort from our players week after week and not get dejected.

With these DB's?? Hell no I dont want any parts of the playoffs. What an embarassment we were on the national stage. Flacco looked like friggin Boller out there.

Why are we not getting to the QB when we blitz? Is the entire D-Line and LB'ers too old? This was an O-Line we went against that has given up 44 sacks in 11 games..

It really looked loke this team was taken by the awe and mystique of Lambeau field..How can you not want to show your talent in that place..We didnt look ready at all. Its a shame too.

What has happened to our O-Line.

Edited by cravnravn

With these DB's?? Hell no I dont want any parts of the playoffs. What an embarassment we were on the national stage. Flacco looked like friggin Boller out there.

Why are we not getting to the QB when we blitz? Is the entire D-Line and LB'ers too old? This was an O-Line we went against that has given up 44 sacks in 11 games..

It really looked loke this team was taken by the awe and mystique of Lambeau field..How can you not want to show your talent in that place..We didnt look ready at all. Its a shame too.

What has happened to our O-Line.

Glad to see your Kool-Aid ran out Crav...even if this team won last night, we'd be a one and done playoff run.

I am ready, Crav. Here are are my priorities:

CB (2)

WR (2)

LB

DL (pass rusher)

TE

S

Well hopefully we get some compensation picks because that's 8 guys haha.

Really though, this is an average team unless Flacco is playing lights out like he was to start the season. Our coaching has also been terrible. When you're at the goal line I say you run it up the gut with McClain three times, don't try any sweeps or passes, Cam has been doing stupid shit all year, and our record shows it.

You can't blame that play on the goaline, Woodson just made an amazing tackle. If anything, Willis needs to run through that ankle tackle. He shouldn't be striding on the goaline, he should have took the pitch an drove it to the endzone. Woodson made that tackle on his back.

BTW, PLEASE PLAY DEMETRIUS WILLIAMS!!!! We saw what opportunities speed can open up on offense. Clayton and Mason can't get any separation downfield. And I am sick and tired of these DROPS! Clayton, Mason, Heap. Someone tell Clayton and Mason not to catch everything with their body. I've had enough with all of these guys. For all the crap Mason talks, he can't make a play against the top corners and he drops the ball way too much for a guy who is not a YAC or TD threat. Give the PT to Kelly Washington as well.

Well hopefully we get some compensation picks because that's 8 guys haha.

Really though, this is an average team unless Flacco is playing lights out like he was to start the season. Our coaching has also been terrible. When you're at the goal line I say you run it up the gut with McClain three times, don't try any sweeps or passes, Cam has been doing stupid shit all year, and our record shows it.

Yep. I'll do you one better. On the next 1st and goal from the 1 yd line, how about we let Flacco run three sneaks to get 1 yd.

BTW - anyone notice last night Aarons Rodgers 5 yd gain on a QB sneak. How is it that other team's stuff our QB sneaks but our D seems to give up 1 yd or more on most QB sneaks.

BTW - anyone notice last night Aarons Rodgers 5 yd gain on a QB sneak. How is it that other team's stuff our QB sneaks but our D seems to give up 1 yd or more on most QB sneaks.

Caus our D is as old as Lambeau Field..

The only old guys out there last night were Ray, Pryce, and Gregg. It was the young guys in the secondary (with the exception of Webb) that killed us.

The other piece of the QB sneak is that Rodgers, and many players (Dixon or someone last week) get the courtesy push from their RBs and OL... a move that is technically illegal. (The Reggie Bush Push). I remember the Ravens getting called on it a few years back, though, so I doubt they every try it.

Grubbs was getting pushed around all night...maybe he's hurt. Come to think of it, a ton of players were on the injury report this week but played hurt.

That goes for Flacco...ribs, serious hip bruise, sprained ankle...and who knows what else after last night.

The Packers were definately the faster team on the field.

Grubbs was getting pushed around all night...maybe he's hurt. Come to think of it, a ton of players were on the injury report this week but played hurt.

That goes for Flacco...ribs, serious hip bruise, sprained ankle...and who knows what else after last night.

The Packers were definately the faster team on the field.

max, how did Demetrius Williams look on the field. I thought I saw speed at receiver that I had not seen all season. We could sure use him as a deep threat.

max, how did Demetrius Williams look on the field. I thought I saw speed at receiver that I had not seen all season. We could sure use him as a deep threat.

He did look good, on the two PI against D-Wil there was actually seperation from D-Wil and the DB..What was missing was the timing, D Wil had to slow down his stride a tad waiting on the ball. And the INT that Flacco tossed in the endzone, If Joe throws that 8 inches taller, hes a hero, caus D-Wil is behind the defender..Fine line between the goat and the hero.