ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game thoughts?

vmax

Other than that it was windy and cold as shit....

I loved seeing Tyrod in the wildcat...the Ravens had to do something to run the ball.... But it really didn't gain a lot of yards and other than Taylors big run....no big gains. Now Joe just stood there trying to stay warm...I say do the same for 2 or 3 times vs the Steelers then Joe needs to do a Torry Smith at the line and take off downfield as Taylor lofts him the TD pass. :gorave:

D looked good. By the 2nd quarter I felt like the Yets would not score again. Darryl Smith is one bad MOFO. Did he break up 3 straight passes at the end to be a 1 man 3 and out for Geno Smith.

Speaking of Geno Smith....this guy has nothing and looked lost. They had a better chance to win with Cribbs at QB.

Damn it was windy and cold! I saw dozens of fans with boogie ice cycles hanging from their noses.

Ray Rice is up to 1.9 ypc this week. Up from 1.6...that's Harbaugh's influence..."We're going to get better each week!"

:bow: Jacoby Jones!!!!

Vintage Flacco to Jones on that TD with Ed Reed grasping at Jones's ankles as he crossed the goal line.

Jets_Ravens_Football_145071_team.jpg

He is so much fun to watch! He did his dance...gave a big smile to the fans on the jumbotron....and saved the return game...worth thew price of admission.

Is Tucker the Bomb or what!?! 4 for 4 in all that wind and cold! Did I say it was cold and windy? It took guys an extra 10 minutes in the Men's room looking for you know what...

Here's my testament to Tucker. On one of his FG attempts, I started to head for the Men's room just like I used to when Stover took the field. First time I've done that since Automatic Matt. Tucker has totally won me over.

Jets_Ravens_Football_145077_team.jpg

Edited by vmax

Jacoby Jones is one hell of a returner and he's a valuable pass receiver too. Tucker may just be this team's MVP this year.

Joe had a good day and the weather was bad...no complaints.

The running game with Rice is dead. With Pierce it's almost dead. And there are no frigging holes either.

Defense is playing great lately but Geno doesn't look like he's NFL material. I wonder if it was Ryan's decision to draft him or the Jets horrid F.O.

They found their winning formula....very good Defense...good Special Teams with the offense providing just enough.

Hopefully the O get's better....it must stop the turnovers and continue to cut down on the penalties.

Punts may be a good thing in the field position battle.

A running game! A running game. My kingdom for a running game!

I loved the attempted creativity to get the run game going, however it still did not work ultimately. Too many stalled out drives because of a loss running the ball on first or second down or the inability to run on third and short.

Nonetheless I loved the shots downfield. It was good to see us involve Ed Dickson in the passing game. At this point we are going to have to pass to set up the run. We are not fooling anyone with our shotgun draws or running the ball on second down after an incomplete pass on first. Our best chance to win is to let Joe go no huddle and get into a rhythm passing the ball.

Yea...Dickson made some key catches and runs today.

We had a Stokely sighting.

Marlon Brown was covered well today. Reed was hanging out on top of him.

How about Torrey today! That a fabulous catch and run. He stumbled forward for the last 20 yards. He now has a career high 859 yards.

Was Flacco's INT a tipped ball?

You all liked the Wildcat crap? Bah.

First, what a joke to pull it out against a team that runs it every game. Makes it look like we're just trying to match up - stupidly since our O isn't playing against their O.

Second, leaving Joe in is literally giving away a man and half the field. It's now 11 on 10 and you can't go anywhere near Joe's line up.

And lastly, given how we used it and the crap with Joe above, you are telegraphing the play - hence why it stopped working. We are conceding "we will now run weakly one of two directions..." Thereby defeating the entire spontaneous and unique factor.

I'm not against the idea, but I am totally against the way we used it today. There is a reason you never see Peyton or Brady involved in this crap. Also a reason the Jets run it with Cribbs, who is in every other down. And the whole thing is basic metrics. How good do you think your odds are when you play 10 on 11 while conceding you won't throw or use half the field?

First, what a joke to pull it out against a team that runs it every game. Makes it look like we're just trying to match up - stupidly since our O isn't playing against their O.

Second, leaving Joe in is literally giving away a man and half the field. It's now 11 on 10 and you can't go anywhere near Joe's line up.

And lastly, given how we used it and the crap with Joe above, you are telegraphing the play - hence why it stopped working. We are conceding "we will now run weakly one of two directions..." Thereby defeating the entire spontaneous and unique factor.

I'm not against the idea, but I am totally against the way we used it today. There is a reason you never see Peyton or Brady involved in this crap. Also a reason the Jets run it with Cribbs, who is in every other down. And the whole thing is basic metrics. How good do you think your odds are when you play 10 on 11 while conceding you won't throw or use half the field?

They did throw to Dickson on one play with tyrod in. He was open but Tyrod threw it a little low

Good points dc.....it really didn't gain much yardage and at times lost yards putting the Ravens in a hole.

Preston seems to think using the wildcat was directed at Joe to give him a wake up call....and Joe woke up.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-1125-20131124,0,5566984.column

The O line is bad. Joe was hit and sacked way too many times. The running game will never get off the ground with this unit and it looks like Ray Rice has run out of gas.

I don't see how the Ravens can win this final 6th seed with that line and run game.

Was Flacco's INT a tipped ball?

No Max, it just looked like Joe thought Marlon was going to cut more to the outside than he did and Joe was throwing it so it would arrive as Marlon made his cut. Just one of those INTs you will get from time to time. At least it wasn't a bone headed throw although I don't really like to see routes were 2 receivers are in such close proximity on the play. It was the guy covering Torrey that made the INT rather than the guy covering Marlon.

Thanks RavenMad....I couldn't tell from the stands. That was a big play. It took 3-7 points off the board on a day where the offense struggled in the red zone. I really like Marlon Brown but you can't put him on the field if he's not going to be where he's supposed to be.

Like Tandon Doss...he can work his way off the field and eventually the team.