ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Most deserving L in Ravens history

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Sorry, but that game sucked.

We make plays, only to have them taken away by stupid, STUPID penalties!

I'm glad Suggs had a good laugh about his block in the back.

I'm glad Washington held the CB on a play he wasn't close to being involved with.

I'm glad Mason tried to gloat before catching the TD pass. Very funny. Then Cousins decides to turn the game into a WWE match and takes us out of FG range. Stupid.

Thankfully all the other AFC teams are sucking just as much as us right now.

Edited by BallTMore

It is a shame too, because the gameplan was perfect. We pressured Ben, shutdown the run, and ran the ball all over the Steelers. Cousins, Walker, and Mason pretty much helped this team self-destruct in the fourth quarter. I am tired of seeing the same things over and over again, blocks in the back, holding, personal fouls, illegal contact on defense, and body catching that ultimately leads to dropped passes.

Blame the coaches too. That was a shitty Steelers effort and a medicore steelers team that beat us today all because we Play like a School Girl when it comes to Pittsburgh.

I cannot blame the coaches for not going for it on third and long, Cousins was getting his ass beat and yes, he was getting help too. There is not much you can do when you have a planted tree at RT.

I cannot blame the coaches for not going for it on third and long, Cousins was getting his ass beat and yes, he was getting help too. There is not much you can do when you have a planted tree at RT.

Cleetz. How about the no timeout call when they had the ball on 3rd and long on their own goalline. I would be a lot of money that if we called a TO there that they run the ball on 3rd down as opposed to that long ball that worked... That cost us 7 points they scored and a possibility at points of our own.

I disagree about the timeout when the Steelers were pinned. I was laughing at the announcers on that one. I knew the Steelers would go for it big... and I had a good feeling they'd get it too. So let's just give them plenty of time.

Even more stupid was the Foxworth corner-blitz later in the same drive. Pathetic. We do it too frequently and never with success.

And I do blame the coaches for not teachings these guys how to avoid those bullshit calls. As bad as the call was on Walker on that final play... there needs to be an understanding that ANY penalty in that situation is going to end the game. Period. So you keep your hands and your body to yourself.

Then call a slant or roll Flacco to the left and move the pocket. A 2 yard dump to Rice in that situation is plain and simply QUITTING and playing scared. Pittsburgh owns us because we play them like bitches.

Guest BallTMore

It was disgusting to watch some Ravens Players (named above but add Frank Obligatory Defensive Game Losing PenaltyWalker) beat their team mates who played their ass's off.

Before his game-ender, I had just complimented Frank for NOT killing the team with his idiocy, he was actually playing well (Well for Frank). Spoke too soon, clearly.

Let's add Ngata's roughing penalty, too. He had a nice laugh about that as well. It's all so funny.

I still wonder why we let Cousins back on the field. We looked fine with Yanda and Chester. They are far from perfect, but Cousins was just pathetic.

I seriously wonder about our coordinators at times. Cam seems to think that Cousins was the better play today. That's obviously awful and we never adjusted. Mattison seems happy to continue to let Walker and Carr hand-check, play 10 yards off the ball, etc etc... and I never see any change in scheme or improvement in play. So what gives???

And how the hell is it that we can get defensive holding 3-6 times a game... but I remember only an handful against our opponents all season long. Are our receivers just that bad about creating the contact?? Our our defenders that stupid?? Both?? Do the officials really have it in for us??

At times I think its a combo of all three.

I disagree about the timeout when the Steelers were pinned. I was laughing at the announcers on that one. I knew the Steelers would go for it big... and I had a good feeling they'd get it too. So let's just give them plenty of time.

Even more stupid was the Foxworth corner-blitz later in the same drive. Pathetic. We do it too frequently and never with success.

And I do blame the coaches for not teachings these guys how to avoid those bullshit calls. As bad as the call was on Walker on that final play... there needs to be an understanding that ANY penalty in that situation is going to end the game. Period. So you keep your hands and your body to yourself.

Exactly...

11 penalties for 113 yards. The Ravens let some of their own players beat them. Unreal how many points that cost them...not to mention the win.

The team had a sloppy start and 1st half...

Then call a slant or roll Flacco to the left and move the pocket. A 2 yard dump to Rice in that situation is plain and simply QUITTING and playing scared. Pittsburgh owns us because we play them like bitches.

I understand what you are saying, but when you have receivers that cannot catch the ball with their hands and linemen that are inept at blocking edge rushers without holding it is understandable why the coaches made the calls they did. Take into account that we kept in six people to block and the Steelers only needed to rush four to get to Flacco and it is obvious why we did not pass the ball downfield in those situations. Until we get playmakers that can bail Flacco out like Ben has, and linemen that know not to hold, we will continue to make these calls. The personel is just not there like the Steelers have.

They were laughing and smiling too...Ngata after his obligatory every game personal foul...Mason after the droped TD...Suggs and Kelly Washington had that dumb look on their face...Frank Walker had the usual "I'm Crazy and Out of Control" look....and Cousins??..the "I'm Unconscous" look.

Harbaugh??? I think he wanted to throw up.

They were laughing and smiling too...Ngata after his obligatory every game personal foul...Mason after the droped TD...Suggs and Kelly Washington had that dumb look on their face...Frank Walker had the usual "I'm Crazy and Out of Control" look....and Cousins??..the "I'm Unconscous" look.

Harbaugh??? I think he wanted to throw up.

Not that it matters, but Walker was crying walking off the field after that last penalty.

You're right. It doesn't matter.

Frank got punked on that by Wallace and the official. But his reputation precedes him... and everyone knew the flag would come if Frank so much as blinked in Wallace's direction.

I just do not freaking understand it. How do we never see this call on the other side? And how do our guys so consistently get it?

I don't think it's officials being out to get us... but I do think it is a level of stupidity and ineptitude by the officials. They have no ability to say "that was actually a penalty" and "that was accidental contact."

But, then again, there was plenty of holding on the Steelers oline (like usual) today... and I didn't see a single flag against them. The ref simply didn't call it on either side. Which is fine. But then tell your other officials to keep their hands in their pockets, especially on those late plays. I'm sure Ben and Tomlin feel great walking off the field with that victory in their pocket. They hardly deserved the win more than we did.

Too many leaky vessels on this roster. They have to be replaced by disciplined, focused players.

ALL FRIGGN'N YEAR LONG THE RAVENS HAVE BEEN AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE IN PENALTIES AND HARBAUGH AND HIS COACHES HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO SQUAT ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, then again, there was plenty of holding on the Steelers oline (like usual) today... and I didn't see a single flag against them. The ref simply didn't call it on either side. Which is fine. But then tell your other officials to keep their hands in their pockets, especially on those late plays.

Yeah what about that armbar by Ryan Mundy on Todd Heap that wasn't called for PI. We made enough mistakes to blame ourselves today but the Officials were poor as well.

Yeah what about that armbar by Ryan Mundy on Todd Heap that wasn't called for PI. We made enough mistakes to blame ourselves today but the Officials were poor as well.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!

The Refs Blew...but to be clear...THERE WERE ENOUGH FLAGRANT RAVENS PENALTIES THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER. They ....CHOKED!...at least the above mentioned Ravens players...

I am just curious... just like with the Terps against Duke sometimes...

We know both teams commit fouls. We know both teams commit fouls regularly. It happens in every game, every week in the NFL.

So how is it that the Ravens end up with 11 for 100+ and the Steelers end up with 4 for 20. Hell, take out the 2 obvious PF penalties and its still 9 for 80 to 4 for 20.