ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Defense still wins championships

varaven45

I maintain, let's see how good the Seahawks are when Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Russell Okung, and Richard Sherman among other are all up for free agency at the same time Russell Wilson is asking for $200M with $70M guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong the Seahakws did an OUTSTANDING job of building a team. All I'm saying is it's hard to get to the Super Bowl and they did not take it for granted. With the current cap I don't buy the dynasty talk just yet. As young as they are they are in the prime of their contention window these next two years. After that they are going to have to make some difficult choices against the cap which could make or break them. As does every young team.

I maintain, let's see how good the Seahawks are when Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Russell Okung, and Richard Sherman among other are all up for free agency at the same time Russell Wilson is asking for $200M with $70M guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong the Seahakws did an OUTSTANDING job of building a team. All I'm saying is it's hard to get to the Super Bowl and they did not take it for granted. With the current cap I don't buy the dynasty talk just yet. As young as they are they are in the prime of their contention window these next two years. After that they are going to have to make some difficult choices against the cap which could make or break them. As does every young team.

I would expect them to move guys along and get more young guys to step up in their place. Wilson is a keeper but DL, RB, and several DB's can be sent away.

The big thing I noticed about the Seahawks was their team speed, an area we need to do a lot in to improve.

What got my attention was how physical Seattle played this game and this season. Just reminded me of our team through the years. The bottom line here is, finesse teams don't stand a chance in the playoffs and SB.

What got my attention was how physical Seattle played this game and this season. Just reminded me of our team through the years. The bottom line here is, finesse teams don't stand a chance in the playoffs and SB.

Bingo, and Jamie stukes said it best last night that the only reason we won last season's bowl was that we were more physical then San Fran. And us and Pitt better get back to playing physical because the NFC is building dominance, San Fran,Seattle and we better watch out for Arizona.

Edited by cravnravn

I would expect them to move guys along and get more young guys to step up in their place. Wilson is a keeper but DL, RB, and several DB's can be sent away.

We have just a good a chance to move guys along and get more young players as Seattle. Sure they've drafted well the last few years but that's no guarantee they'll continue to hit. All it takes is a couple of their big FAs to leave and a couple of missed picks and they are right back down to earth with everyone else.

The issue to the way I see it is the Ravens have no good trade bait now. They used to have a lot but now not so much. Sea is loaded with it. Guys they drafted in the 6th round that are playing like 1st rounders and a team will give up a 2nd or 3rd for. That is a huge return on investment and the new guys you draft are much cheaper and still very hungery.

The issue to the way I see it is the Ravens have no good trade bait now. They used to have a lot but now not so much. Sea is loaded with it. Guys they drafted in the 6th round that are playing like 1st rounders and a team will give up a 2nd or 3rd for. That is a huge return on investment and the new guys you draft are much cheaper and still very hungery.

I'll give Seattle credit when they actually pull the trigger and trade these guys. Until then they have simply been fortunate to draft well the past few years.