LB-P Boulware

LB Ray Lewis

LB B Scott

CB-C-Mac

CB-S Rolle

S-Ed Reed

SS R Woodson

What do you think?

I think it's a borderline silly thing to think about... you'd have to decide on some criteria: longevity? raw talent? contributions? accomplishments?

Dilfer gets All-Decade honors...? He started a total of 12 games for us, including the playoffs! But do I want Boller there? Nah. Flacco started more games last year than Dilfer... and won more... including 2 playoff wins! Add in this year and Flacco is this team's most successful and consistent QB ever!

Mike Flynn - never liked him as a player. By longevity, he should be there, but not by accomplishments or contributions. Why not Matt Birk? Has done more than Flynn and started more games than Dilfer did as a Raven.

Goose, Woodson - they hardly played for this team in the OO's. Boulware too when you add in injury... Pryce has been here a bit, but hardly a better pass rusher than Boulware who was pretty much in that spot earlier...

FB... we haven't had a FB last more than 2 seasons all decade... McClain's as good as any, I guess...

I guess, to me, there's so much turnover on a single team in a decade that it's hard to pick an 'all-decade' team ... might be better to just pick 3-5 guys from each side of the ball.

Offense:

Jamal Lewis

Jon Ogden

Todd Heap

Defense:

Ray Lewis

Ed Reed

Terrell Suggs

Chris McAlister

Kelly Gregg

Special Teams:

Matt Stover

I mean no offense, Crav... but my point remains...

If you're doing it based on team accomplishments... than Flynn, Price, Rolle, Scott, Mulitalo, Brown, even Rice, McClain, etc... they simply don't belong.

If you're doing it based on longevity... Boulware, Dilfer, Woodson, Rolle, Rice, McClain, Goose don't belong...

If you're doing individual accomplishments... Rice, Boulware, Woodson, Dilfer, Rolle, McClain, don't belong...

If you're going to mix... it's still hard to fit Dilfer (and others) in there. That TEAM won the Super Bowl, not just Dilfer.

I mean, Dilfer is not this team's QB of the decade to me. It's that simple. It's hard to say Flacco is, but he won more games than Dilfer in his first season... and actually made it to a second season with the team.

Goose and Woodson were gone after 01, no?

Flynn was just a bad center in my mind... and I don't really count him as a RG. But if you count Flynn for his time with the team, then you have to count Boller over Dilfer or Flacco.

I nearly did put Boller. Couldn't follow through, though.

You're taking this way too seriously. Use whatever parameters you want. Ask what he used. It's not as if any of us can objectively be exactly right, anyway. I agree with every argument you've made against the players on his list, but can you find a better choice? That's the point.

You're taking this way too seriously. Use whatever parameters you want. Ask what he used. It's not as if any of us can objectively be exactly right, anyway. I agree with every argument you've made against the players on his list, but can you find a better choice? That's the point.

Well, I'm not trying to take it TOO seriously. But ... if we don't have a decent RT to put on the list, I just don't want to put a RT on the list. You know? Same with QB.

I'd rather just highlight, as I did, the 3-5 best players from each unit... or maybe the 10 best players period... because I think this team is obviously lacking in certain areas. :)

Everyone from the SB team should be on their except for Dilfer. They won a SB with a putrid Dilfer 'led'

offense. Maybe put Jamal on their twice for that.

Its not a strong group, but I guess the nod would go to Flacco at QB.

No Ray Rice yet, he has been great this year but Jamal was good for many and without him we dont make it to the SB.

Everyone from the SB team should be on their except for Dilfer. They won a SB with a putrid Dilfer 'led'

offense. Maybe put Jamal on their twice for that.

Actually, looking back at the numbers... Dilfer was far from awful. He was about as decent as a QB we had until Flacco. 12 TDs in just 8 games as a starter (7 really, as his first game I think was still part of the TD drought). 1500 yards in 8 games too. Though, not much to write home about in the playoffs...

I still just have issues with putting a guy on the list who played 1/2 a season with us!

OK, what 25 players, 11 O,11 D, K,P, Returner would you say were the best from 2000-Today. That was my criteria

Interesting and just as tough to answer!

I still don't know that I can find 11 offensive players though, haha...

Offense

1 Ogden, 2 Jamal Lewis, 3 Todd Heap, 4 Derrick Mason, 5 Edwin Mulitalo, 6 Getting Thin, 7 Shannon Sharpe, 8 Le'Ron McClain? 9 Joe Flacco? 10 Kyle Boller... um...

Defense

1 Ray Lewis, 2 Ed Reed, 3 Chris McAlister, 4 Terrell Suggs, 5 Peter Boulware, 6 Bart Scott, 7 Kelly Gregg, 8 Samari Rolle, 9 Adalius Thomas, 10 Haloti Ngata, 11 (Baxter, Goose, Hartwell, McCrary?)

Special Teams

Stover, Koch, Jermaine Lewis, Adalius Thomas

Actually, looking back at the numbers... Dilfer was far from awful. He was about as decent as a QB we had until Flacco. 12 TDs in just 8 games as a starter (7 really, as his first game I think was still part of the TD drought). 1500 yards in 8 games too. Though, not much to write home about in the playoffs...

I still just have issues with putting a guy on the list who played 1/2 a season with us!

Dont forget his 11 INTs in those 8 games, plus his two fumbles lost. Every time I see large bits of the games he started, not just highlights, I am amazed even more that we won the Super Bowl. The fact that he was possibly the best QB the Ravens had between Vinny and Flacco, is not necessarily a good thing. Everybody hates Grbac, but his numbers are not much worse than Dilfers at all.

I'm not really going to argue about him so long after he last played for us. He is a nice guy and he won the SB with the team. I just dont think he is a very good QB and dont think he was anything but below average with us.

Really, Grbac's numbers were no worse than Dilfer's. No better, but no worse. And that was with an injured OL and dumped RB.

I think if Grbac made it another season, 2002 would have been very different...

We also have another year before the decade is over.

No, 8 beers and 5 hrs from now we start a new decade.

Nope the decade actually runs from 2001 through the end of 2010.

And youre probably going to drink more than 8 beers by midnight. Maybe some leftover egg nog?

QB-Joe Flacco

Back up QB Trent Dilfer

RB-Jamal Lewis

Back up RB Ray Rice

FB-Sam Gash

TE-Todd Heap

TE Shannon Sharpe

LT-Johnathan Odgen

LG-Edwin Mulitalo

C-Jeff Mitchell

RG-Bennie Anderson

RT Orlando Brown

WR Qadry Ismail

WR Derrick Mason

K-Stover

KR-Jermaine Lewis

P-Kyle Richardson

17295533.jpg

DT-Buddy Lee

DE-Michael McCrary

DT-Goose

DE Suggs

LB-A Thomas

LB-P Boulware

LB Ray Lewis

CB-C-Mac

CB-Dwayne Starks

S-Ed Reed

SS R Woodson

Special Teams Recognition:

Billy Davis

Cornell Brown

Anthony Mitchell (the playoff TD vs Titans...my fav)

OJ Brigance

Bennie Thompson

Ayambadejo (Both)

They were animals... :)

Honorable mention:

Bart Scott

Samari Rolle

Sam Adams

Gary Baxter

Will Demps

Haloti Ngata

Leron McClain

Jarrett Johnson

Steve McNair

Rob Burnett

Jamie Sharper

Ovie Mughelli

HC Brian Billick

OC Cam Cameron

DC Rex Ryan

GM

yodoz2%20copy.jpg

Owner

10859076.jpg

You only remember the 2-3 big plays Trent would make...not the hell he put us through. BTW..I love the guy. Great leader and person.

17295389.jpg

Flacco is the best Ravens QB of the decade...already... and he's still a 'babe in the woods'.

Tell you what...look at that O line and I believe this current Ravens O line will be as good as those guys next year.

OH! Everybody! Check out this video on the past decade in Ravens history...you'll get goose bumps.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media_library/Videos/2009/12/2009_Ravens_Report_The_past_decade_in_Ravens_history_2000-10.aspx?id=6e60a292d6074e43b9b5787be8a9d65c

Happy New Year!

Edited by vmax

Nope the decade actually runs from 2001 through the end of 2010.

You are the only one that Ive herad make that claim..Every site is doing "Team of the Decades"

Well lots of people thought that the new century and millennium started January 1st 2000 too, but they were wrong as well.

Here is one site that explains it, but there are a ton.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_does_the_new_decade_start

So actually Dilfer only played 4 playoff games for the Ravens in this decade.

For sports purposes and historical purposes, it's always easier to just go from 0-9...the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, the 00's....

But accurately, Spen is right. A true decade runs 1-10. Either way it hardly matters.