ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Special WWII Pic Soldier Passes

Oldschool739

2014-03-14T203809Z_255177840_GM1EA3F0CKV

U.S. Navy sailor Glenn Edward McDuffie kisses a nurse in Times Square in an impromptu moment at the close of World War Two.......Known as the kissing sailor passes away....

Oldschool Salutes You, you're the man !!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/man-known-kissing-sailor-wwii-era-image-dies-201048084.html

Come on now, where are all my Patriots at ????.....This was one of our hero's...Stand to your feet, take off your hat ,and show your respect for a real warrior....Atten hut !!!! :yeah:

You're going to hate me for this... But the woman in the photo - not with anger - says it was pretty much forced on her. In several other shots not published you can watch her push him away and struggle with him; she described him as damn near fall over drunk.

Now - great respect to the soldier and his service, and iconic photo of course - but in a sense propaganda as much as anything else.

You're going to hate me for this... But the woman in the photo - not with anger - says it was pretty much forced on her. In several other shots not published you can watch her push him away and struggle with him; she described him as damn near fall over drunk.

Now - great respect to the soldier and his service, and iconic photo of course - but in a sense propaganda as much as anything else.

She don't look like she's fighting him to me and I saw other angle photos, but who cares if she liked it or not, he earned it and she owed it....

He's still the man, either way.....IMO :thumbup:

On my 7th grade intermural flag football team I intercepted a pass that put my team in a playoff game to make the playoffs. I immediately ran to the sidelines and copped as many feels as I could. Mostly on the girls, at most one or two guys (upstairs outside). Some people complained but the school backed me up and said I had it coming.

HMMM

That's funny

I scored the winning basket for my school to go to the state championship and patted the homecoming king on the ass and I was not allowed to go to the prom.

HMMM

That's funny

I scored the winning basket for my school to go to the state championship and patted the homecoming king on the ass and I was not allowed to go to the prom.

Whoah! Thats not cool. Its only earned when its by a guy!