ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Question of the Day

vmax

I think this was in the back of our minds...maybe the front...after watching yesterdays game. It's certainly on my mind.

Mike Preston phrases the question very well...

I've said it several times this season, and it's worth repeating. Since the second week of the season against the San Diego Chargers, the Ravens haven't beaten a good team with a good quarterback, and it was apparent Sunday that they still can't. Oakland quarterback Charlie Frye completed 18 of 25 passes for 180 yards in the first half before being removed because of a back injury.

If Frye can do that to the Ravens, what will Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer do? Are the Ravens really ready for the New England Patriots' Tom Brady?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.preston04jan04,0,3191949.column

When Russell came in and continued to shread the D, I became very concerned. Thankfully he returned to his old self.

With Webb I think the pass D would hold up but now that he's gone there are too many bandaids.

If Frye can do that to the Ravens, what will Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer do? Are the Ravens really ready for the New England Patriots' Tom Brady?

We already know the answer to this question, we have played Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Rivers. None of these QBs tore us up to the point where we were blown out of the game. We managed to contain all the QBs on our schedule, save Rivers and Favre, pretty well. This is the NFL, results are not transitive. Just because team 1 beats team 2, and team 2 beat team 3, does not mean that team 1 will automatically beat team 3. We are the number three defense in the league and tied for 8th against the pass, we will be in the game when the fourth quarter rolls around, and that is all what matters.

Where the Pats suddenly became weaker plays into the Ravens weakness...the passing game.

Hopefully it's a wash. If it is then I love the Ravens chances.

Yes. Welker would have destroyed us. Now we can at least roll Ed reed to moss' side of the field. That way can limit Moss to only 100 yards and 2 tds and hopefully keep walker under 80 penalty yards for PI.

I think this was in the back of our minds...maybe the front...after watching yesterdays game. It's certainly on my mind.

Mike Preston phrases the question very well...

When Russell came in and continued to shread the D, I became very concerned. Thankfully he returned to his old self.

With Webb I think the pass D would hold up but now that he's gone there are too many bandaids.

Before the season, we all knew that, without a legit pass rusher and given our woeful pair of CBs and and a chronically dinged up Ed Reed, our secondary would get worked all season. Beginning with KC's backup Brodie Croyle in the opener, and concluding with Charlie Frye yesterday, our secondary has been woeful and worked all season long. The only exceptions were against Denver's Kyle Orton, Chicago (Cutler) and Detroit (Culpeper). Otherwise, no surprises here.

Yes, we have 1 more game but the FO had better wake up and retool D with 4 key playmakers - a pass rushing DE, another LB to eventually take over for Ray, a SHUTDOWN CORNER, and a safety to take over for Reed. The D has largely been ingnored the past few drafts.