ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

34 receptions for 480 yards & 2 TD's

vmax

Mark Claytons numbers for 2009.

That does not get the job done for a #2 WR.

It stinks actually.

Kelly Washington as a #3 has 34 receptions for 431 yards with far less playing time.

Nothing new is statuing the obvious...receiver is the big weak link in the Ravens offense heading into the playoffs....this is why Joe struggles and appears inconsistant at times. When teams take away Mason...and shaddow Rice...Joe takes the sack.

The Brandon Marshall to Baltimore rumors are starting already but he's a restricted FA. He's done in Denver for sure. 101 receptions for 1120 yards with a 11.1 average catch and 10 TD's...the 11.1 average catch is not game breaking or a field stretching number (Mason is 14.1 for example)... but the number of catches and yards are solid. I'm having a hard time getting excited about this guy...don't like woman beaters and the shit he stired this year in Denver is more smoke that warns of fire.

44109982.jpg

Edited by vmax

The Brandon Marshall to Baltimore rumors are starting already but he's a restricted FA. He's done in Denver for sure. 101 receptions for 1120 yards with a 11.1 average catch and 10 TD's...the 11.1 average catch is not game breaking or a field stretching number (Mason is 14.1 for example)... but the number of catches and yards are solid. I'm having a hard time getting excited about this guy...don't like woman beaters and the shit he stired this year in Denver is more smoke that warns of fire.

44109982.jpg

Do not let those numbers fool you, Marshall is a complete receiver. He can stretch the field, go over the middle, take a slant 70+ yards for a TD (he may be the best YAC receiver in the league, and at 6'4" 235 pounds that is very impressive), the guy does it all which is why his catch totals are so high. He was the center piece of the Broncos offense, and teams still could not stop him. His stock is going to be sky high this offseason, I do not think we will trade for him. I would much rather go for UFAs Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd (the Chargers will probably only be able to keep one of these guys), or Miles Austin.

Yea...and he had Orton throwing to him...have to factor that in.

T.O will be 37 next season BTW.

Wow...Vincent Jackson a Raven...that would break the bank and the CAP.

After watching our offense this season, how can the ravens NOT afford to go after a big name receiver. Last big name we took at receiver was derrick mason and that turned out pretty damn good.

We have no receivers under contract this coming season. Lets face it, getting a #1 receiver is going to require a pretty big contract. If you want a #1 receiver, you have to pony up. We have spent money at every position except receiver, I think it is about time we spend some money there. Of course, the cap will not matter if there is not a CBA.

BTW, I believe Jackson, Floyd, Marshall, and Austin are all UFA if a CBA is agreed upon. If not, they are all RFAs. Ozzie has to get someone, we cannot waste Joe's prime years. Guys like Bolden and Bowe should also be available via trade, Ozzie will have options.