ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens division high in guaranteed money

Oldschool739

The Baltimore Ravens will find out in nine months if they've done enough in free agency to return to the playoffs. As for right now, all anybody knows is the Ravens haven't played it cheap.

bal.gifThe Ravens have given out $53 million in guaranteed money in free agency so far, which easily tops the AFC North. The Cleveland Browns are the only team that's close at $43 million (if you include center Alex Mack's $10 million transition tag).

The Pittsburgh Steelers have given $18.2 million in guaranteed money (if you include linebacker Jason Worilds' $9.75 million transition tag). The Cincinnati Bengals rank a distant last at $6.1 million.

To put it in perspective, the Ravens gave offensive tackle Eugene Monroe more guaranteed money ($19 million) than what the Steelers have spent on all of their free agents. The most guaranteed money given by the Bengals this offseason is $4.4 million to defensive tackle Domata Peko. The Ravens have given more guaranteed money to four players.

The Steelers have been limited in what they can spend because of very little salary cap space. They currently only have $1.1 million in cap room, the fewest in the league.

The Bengals, though, still have the fourth-most cap room in the league at $24.8 million.

Here's a breakdown on the guaranteed money given out by the Ravens in free agency:

OT Eugene Monroe (re-signed): Five years, $37.5 million ($19 million guaranteed)

TE Dennis Pitta (re-signed): Five years, $32 million ($16 million guaranteed)

C Jeremy Zuttah (Buccaneers): Five years, $18 million ($6.5 million guaranteed)

WR Jacoby Jones (re-signed): Four years, $12 million ($4.5 million guaranteed)

MLB Daryl Smith (re-signed): Four years, $13.6 million ($3.5 million signing bonus)

WR Steve Smith (Panthers): Three years, $11.5 million ($3.5 million guaranteed)

SS Darian Stewart (Rams): One year, $1.3 million ($300,000 guaranteed)

S Jeromy Miles (re-signed): One year, $795,000 ($35,000 guaranteed)

The Bengals don't want to win. Sad for their fanbase but same old story for them. They suck the money from the franchise and line their pockets. We will see if we did it right but Lyte ravens get it right more often than not.

I have no problem with any of the guaranteed money we gave to any of the players on that list. They all deserved it. And you know it's a good deal when both the team and the player feel like they win with the deal.

The Bengals and the Bucs owners don't like to spend money. I still believe the only reason the Bucs threw around some cash last season on the likes of Vincent Jackson was to get to the salary cap floor. Both teams have cheap owners who don't care about winning as long as their pockets are being lined and will only spend what they are mandated to spend by the league.

Not only Dalton but AJ Green and Burfict also all 3 are going to want paydays, see how Mikey reacts..

I'm still ticked at Ozzie for not getting Burfict, he went undrafted because of off field problems, we could have took him with the last pick, I don't even know who that was.....But Ozzie sure missed one there.....

I'm still ticked at Ozzie for not getting Burfict, he went undrafted because of off field problems, we could have took him with the last pick, I don't even know who that was.....But Ozzie sure missed one there.....

can't get them all. Horrible workout and horrible interview caused him to go undrafted. He had attitude and off field concerns. I remember. He was linked to the ravens until those horrible workouts